“WOW!!!!....What a great place to stay!!!”

Best Western Plus Baker Street Inn & Convention Centre
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Nelson
West Kelowna, Canada
“WOW!!!!....What a great place to stay!!!”
Reviewed 20 January 2011

I just can't say enough about the staff and the level of service at this Best Western location, they are amazing. It's like going home!!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Vernon, B. C.
Reviewed 20 January 2011

I have come to the Best Western in Nelson on Baker Street for approximately 3 years now on a once a month basis. I have found that I just will not try to stay anywhere else. The service is fabulous, the staff know us by name, Sharon, Diane, Liz, Brian and all the others treat us so well, that we just look forward to coming back month by month.
The hotel just delivers. They are wonderful to deal with, they know us well, they give us the same room every month, they ensure we have the best of service, they just generally look after us so well. I just would not stay anywhere else, I don't need to, I don't want to.
Best Western Nelson, I would wholeheartedly recommend you to anyone.

Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 14 January 2011

I have stayed at Baker Street once a month on business for almost ten years, which should immediately indicate the quality of this hotel. I originally started staying here because of my ongoing business relationship wiht the owners, but I have continued to stay monthly because of the quality and consistency that the hotel offers every visit.

The hotel is located on the end of the business core of Nelson, so it is in easy walking distance of any place I want or need to go including pubs, restaurants, banks and an array of eclectic businesses. The hotel is always quiet as well due to its location, essential to me afetr a long day on the road. The rooms are spacious and clean, and conveniently equipped with a small fridge and microwave. The hotel continues to be upgraded and renovated all the time, and I had the pleasure of enjoying a new, confortable bed and linen on my last visit. The wireless internet in every room is essential since I am there on business, and the well maintained and clean fitness room provides a great place to get some excercise when I am on the road.

I generally eat breakfast in the restaurant in the morning before I depart, and I have never had a bad experience. The food is always hot and fresh, well priced, and there are always creative daily specials offered. Like the rest of the hotel, the staff is friendly, efficient and professional. I have developed a number of friendships with staff members over the year, and they always make me feel welcome.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Okanagan
Reviewed 8 January 2011

I travel to Nelson from time to time on business and usually stay at the Best Western Baker St. Inn. The hotel is upgrading to the "Best Western Plus" designation and it shows. The rooms have been totally renovated with new carpets, bed linens, desk, office chair, flat screen TV and on and on.

The staff are available for one's every need and it is truly a great experience to stay at this hotel and I would highly recommend to anyone travelling to Nelson BC Canada.

Cranbrook, Canada
Reviewed 7 January 2011

The Hotel has improved drastically. The new renovations are very tasteful and comforting
The Restaurant is good but could use improvements I.E Better Chicken and Ribs cooking quality
Overall the service is very good. Front desk staff is outstanding.

Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 7 January 2011

We go at least once a month for a few days at a time on business, and on every single occasion, have never been disappointed. The service is amazing, with Sharon and her team looking after us, the new decor, bigger screen TV's, carpets, artwork, bedding and lighting in the hotel is so good, I want to redecorate my spare room like it! The location is perfect...walking distance to everywhere! The food is yummy...I could go on and on...
Whenever I go to Nelson with my spouse for fun...this is also the place we stay...

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Taos, NM
Reviewed 2 January 2011

In Nelson for post xmas thru new years gathering with a big group. Rooms at the BW BSI were recently remodeled and very stylish and comfortable. Bathrooms were not part of the refurb, but could only tell by colors and materials as they were in like new condition. The entire place was pretty immaculately clean. Wifi in the room was excellent. And great location right at the end of Baker St. - THE main drag of Nelson. Very reasonable price as wll, especially across new years.
Did not eat at the restaurant so can't comment except to say the same owners as the Hume where I did eat in the bar - excellent nachos (and I live in NM).
Would recommend this hotel and stay there again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo