“Not Recommended”

The Adventure Hotel
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Nelson
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed here May long weekend, fri, sat and sun. Booked this hotel as they allow dogs. Reservation made by phone April 8. When we checked in we were advised our room was above the bar and Saturday night is karaokee so it may be loud. I was never told this on the phone. When we inquired about another room we were advised there is one with a bunk bed available all 3 nights. We looked at this room but it was too small. We were told we could move to another deluxe room for Saturday night then back to original room on Sunday. We opted to keep original room. Well... the bar is very, very loud every night. We could not even attempt to sleep until after 1:00 am every night! We had asked about a discount for being above the bar and were told no with a laugh. Ridiculous that they have rooms above bar and they are deluxe rooms! Plus you should be told this when calling to book. I would have looked elsewhere had they let me know. On a positive note the room was nice, which was good as we laid in bed awake until after 1:00 am looking at the room!!!.Perhaps these rooms are geared toward young party type people who stay up really late and sleep in? We had people to visit and places to go so were up early each day. Very dissapointed and would never stay here again!

Room Tip: when booking ask if the room is above the bar, if it is be pepared to go without sleep.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lexi727
Rhonda C, Guest Relations Manager at The Adventure Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

I would like to thank you for taking time to write a review of our hotel. I would like to apologize for my staff not informing you of the location of the room in which you were reserving. I have instructed all staff to do so, but as this was not the case with you, I will remind each of them of this important fact.

As you may of noticed, we are currently completing the last of our renovations, making our 100 year old building complete. With the completion comes Deluxe rooms that are not over the bar, making the guests stay more enjoyable.

As for a discount, we do have a policy that only Management can authorize, however, it was inappropriate for my staff to laugh, and again would like to apologize for this. I would be happy to speak with you regarding this matter and can be reached at the hotel, Monday-Friday, 7am to 3 pm.

Regards,
Rhonda Comeau
Guest Service Manager
The Adventure Hotel

There are newer reviews for The Adventure Hotel

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We randomly chose this hotel and we loved this place! It was really nice, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the bunk bed was super fun!
We would definitely come back!
And I'm using up characters because it won't let me post this without 200 of them.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 8 April 2014

This is a nice hotel with a great pub and restaurant attached to it. The rooms that are not renovated are as expected, a little bit run down but fine if you're not expecting luxury. The bathrooms are about the same. It was nice that there was self serve coffee in the hallway near our room in the morning! However, breakfast is not included in the price and the nearby Hume hotel does include it. Overall, a good stay.

• Stayed: March 2014
Rhonda C, Guest Relations Manager at The Adventure Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are very excited to announce that starting on April 15th, renovations are starting in the last section of the hotel!

With these renovations comes some very welcome changes. In addition to updating rooms, we will be including a new gym, infra-red saunas, a large patio, and a new guest lounge. The guest lounge will be complete with a microwave and fridge for guest use.

Completion of the renovations is set for June 2015 and we invite you back to see the amazing changes!

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Even though I disagree with the hotel's name change (should have remained The Grand), the recent renovations have really hit the mark, particularly considering the room cost. The hotel's location in downtown Nelson, puts you in the middle of what was a surprisingly robust downtown core. Great restaurants and coffee shops all within walking distance.

And don't dismiss the hotel's bar for food. Surprisingly creative!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Amazingly clean, new, friendly, affordable, right in the middle of downtown Nelson, and only $49 for a single. Far better than any other $50 motel I stayed at in the interior. If you want to spend up to $99 they have bigger/nicer rooms too. Definitely give this place a try if you're on a budget.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Had a good stay here , the rooms were nice and different options for prices
it was clean and newly renovated and close to all the downtown stuff as well as having a good coffe shop and restaurant downstairs

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I first booked this place to save money on a big ski trip that I had in B.C. for 3 weeks. At first I was going to stay here 1 night & then plan my next ski days & hotels for the next few days. Check in was efficient & quick. I stayed in the smallest room. Bunk beds, private bathroom, flat screen T.V. & a very modernized room. There is a private shower that u share with others. No issues, all good. Wow. The rooms where small but finished beautifully. The pic doesn't do it justice. If your in nelson your probably not there to stay in a room. Your either skiing or visiting in the summertime and enjoying the outdoors. Very, very comfy be to come back to at the end of the day. The hotel is right smack dab downtown . Your just a short walk away to all the things u may need. Restaurants, lounge, bars, shopping. When I come back I'm staying here
again.