The Adventure Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hume Hotel & Spa(Nelson)
Villa Motel(Nelson)
View Hotel
All reviewsgrand hotelbudget roombunk bedsrooftop patiothe pubcoffee shopbar loungeolder hotelrooms are modernstreet parkingexcellent locationwalking distance to everythingpleasant stayup to dateair conditioninggreat place to stayski trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We got recommend this hotel from local. It‘s a 100 years old hotel, just finshed renovation. Very modern clean hotel. Nice river view. Good service. Restuarand in hotel.
Just wish if they had elevator, that would be easier to carry our bags to our room.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Very nicely redone hotel in the middle of historic Nelson Downtown. Boutique style decor throughout. The rooms are fresh and edgy, and a nice change from standard hotels. We had one of the deluxe queen bed rooms with 3 piece bath, good air conditioner that was not too loud (a rare find indeed!).

Their is a nicely appointed common area with tv lounge for those staying in the more hostel like rooms. We placed a few food items in the mini-fridge so they would keep.

The sports pub in the base has a good atmosphere, and was a good place to unwind and catch some World Cup action. There is also a higher end steak restaurant as well, but we did not try this one.

We rolled in on Canada Day Eave with motorcycle mechanical issues and the staff helped us find a local mechanic that got us back on the road the next day...well...we could have gone back the next day, but liked the hotel and Nelson so much that we decided to stay an extra day for Canada Day festivities.

It was also nice to share stories with the Western Canada Ducati Enthusiasts. They also host the Triumph rally towards the end of July. Do not get the wrong impression though, this is not a biker hotel nor a biker bar. This is a nice trendy hotel that would be perfect stopover for summer fun on the lake or hiking. We will be back this winter and use the hotel as a base to ski Whitewater and Red Mountain.

Room Tip: Deluxe Rooms have Queen bed & private 3 piece bathrooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I liked most things about this hotel - the location, the recent renovation and the clean facilities. However, I was not prepared for a room with a sink and toilet and no shower or bath. I guess I should have known when the price was only $64 in June. The air conditioner was noisy so bring ear plugs, I did. Also the room was very small - I have stayed in larger rooms in Japan.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Rhonda C, Guest Relations Manager at The Adventure Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

The Adventure Hotel has completed a full 100% renovation, offering our guests a Pick your Rate system so we can accommodate most budgets.

We offer our guests a choice of a Deluxe, Economy or Budget Room. As you had picked a Budget room for your stay, you would of been informed of the facilities that were included with your room. As a budget room, and at a rate of $64 for a fully remodeled room, large flat screen television, brand new air conditioning unit, free wireless internet and private half bath we think this is an amazing deal for a summer rate. Although the Budget rooms only have a half bath, the shared private shower is only shared with 3 other rooms.

As for the "noisy" air conditioner, these units are brand new and do not need to be run on full fan speed to cool the room. If you would of turned down the fan speed, the units are very quiet running.

If you choose to stay with us again in the future, perhaps a Deluxe room or an Economy room would be to your liking. These rooms are spacious with King, Queen, or Double beds and full baths.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed on a Thursday night. There was no issue whatsoever with noise from the pub downstairs. Check in was quick and friendly. The room was very clean. The newly renovated modern decor gave the room almost a minimalist European feel. The air conditioner was a little on the loud side but did not interfere with my sleep.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed here May long weekend, fri, sat and sun. Booked this hotel as they allow dogs. Reservation made by phone April 8. When we checked in we were advised our room was above the bar and Saturday night is karaokee so it may be loud. I was never told this on the phone. When we inquired about another room we were advised there is one with a bunk bed available all 3 nights. We looked at this room but it was too small. We were told we could move to another deluxe room for Saturday night then back to original room on Sunday. We opted to keep original room. Well... the bar is very, very loud every night. We could not even attempt to sleep until after 1:00 am every night! We had asked about a discount for being above the bar and were told no with a laugh. Ridiculous that they have rooms above bar and they are deluxe rooms! Plus you should be told this when calling to book. I would have looked elsewhere had they let me know. On a positive note the room was nice, which was good as we laid in bed awake until after 1:00 am looking at the room!!!.Perhaps these rooms are geared toward young party type people who stay up really late and sleep in? We had people to visit and places to go so were up early each day. Very dissapointed and would never stay here again!

Room Tip: when booking ask if the room is above the bar, if it is be pepared to go without sleep.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lexi727
Rhonda C, Guest Relations Manager at The Adventure Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

I would like to thank you for taking time to write a review of our hotel. I would like to apologize for my staff not informing you of the location of the room in which you were reserving. I have instructed all staff to do so, but as this was not the case with you, I will remind each of them of this important fact.

As you may of noticed, we are currently completing the last of our renovations, making our 100 year old building complete. With the completion comes Deluxe rooms that are not over the bar, making the guests stay more enjoyable.

As for a discount, we do have a policy that only Management can authorize, however, it was inappropriate for my staff to laugh, and again would like to apologize for this. I would be happy to speak with you regarding this matter and can be reached at the hotel, Monday-Friday, 7am to 3 pm.

Regards,