“super value!”
Review of Villa Motel

Villa Motel
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Nelson
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Excellent value! Clean quiet motel. Basic features, comfortable beds. Wonderful swimming pool and hot tub, very inexpensive. I'm not sure why they don't increase their rates!

Based on other comments, this is not a place for smokers. There was not a hint of smoke smell in my room.

I will stay at this motel on my next visit to Nelson!

Room Tip: Talk to Frank for the best service! He is very helpful.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank RevyAdventure
Frank S, Manager at Villa Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Hi Tim P,

Thank you for the great feedback! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed our salt system pool/hot tub as well as our new Simmons Pillowtop beds. We'd love for you and your family to come visit us again on your next trip to Nelson.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Stayed at Villa Motel for 2 nights during a spring skiing trip. The manager (Frank) was great and super friendly. The rooms were clean and at a rate of $69 plus tax for 2 doubles, free food between 8-10am (which is clearly posted, not sure why others complained about it), access to a small pool and hot tub, and free wifi, how could you go wrong! I'd stay at Villa Motel again in a second for that price!

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank evy1415
Frank S, Manager at Villa Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Hi Evy1415, glad to hear you have a pleasant stay with us. Your honest review is greatly appreciated. Would love to have you join us for the next snow season. Also, come check out Nelson in the summer. I think you'll find it both relaxing and pleasing.

Reviewed 2 December 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights during my son's hockey tournament. When we walked into the room all we could smell is cigarette smoke. It was old and dirty. They only gave us 2 towels for a family of four. My son accidentally spilled a bottle of water on the bed, and when I went to the office to ask for some new bedding and towels, the manager told me that the chambermaid has gone home for the day and he didn't know where anything was kept. We had to miss out on the continental breakfast cause it didn't start till 8:00. When I just recently checked my credit card statement I see that they charged me $100. When I called them to ask why, they said that we smoked in the room. I explained that my husband and I are non smokers, but he didn't care. We didn't bother saying anything when we first got there, cause we figured for $55 a night, you get what you pay for. The manager told me that they check the rooms right before check in, and the room had no odour. I told him he was lying because that's the first thing we noticed when we walked in. I now wish we would have said something. I won't stop until I get my money back from this scam artist!!!!

Room Tip: You get what you pay for, so stay in a nice hotel. It's worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Jenna B
Frank S, Manager at Villa Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2012

Dear Jenna B,

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay at the Villa Motel.

I apologize that we are a limited service motel and can not provide service 24/7. Our housekeepers start their shift at 9am and usually leave in the early afternoon. You notified us about the wet bed during the evening and I sincerely apologize that our housekeeping staff was unavailable during those hours for your needs. A complimentary secondary room was provided to you due to the lack of our housekeeping staff during the evening. It is my assumption that we had tried to our best ability to provide hospitable service.

All rooms are outfitted with two sets of towels that include two bath towels, two face towels, two hand towels, and a bath mat. However, more towels are available at the front desk.

I'd like to address the issue of cigarette odor in the room. The previous guests who stayed in your room checked out about a week prior to your arrival. Due to their extended length of stay, it is our procedure to do a deep cleaning with a housekeeping manager signing off to verify that the room meets our standards. There was no odor present at this time nor has there been another guest who checked into that room before you. I would suggest in the future, if you check into a room with a strong smoking odor that you notify the front desk to avoid charges. Also, while traveling with children, I'd like to suggest that odor of this nature is not healthy for them and a room change should of been requested upon check in.

During a phone call about this issue, you stated that there were minor odors in the room as the heater heated the room, so did the smoking odor. We have investigated the heater and have found no reason as to why or how a heater would produce a cigarette odor.

Since it is Winter season and this being a group reservation, our staff went to all the rooms to ensure the windows were closed and to set the room temperature from 15 to 20 degrees celcius.

Your room has been checked twice by two different managers between the previous stay and your stay. We always try our best to ensure a comfortable stay for all our reservations.

On your checkout date, our housekeepers noticed a strong smoking odor in your room. Our procedure is to check the surrounding rooms to pinpoint the source and extent of damage. We had checked the adjacent rooms as well as the rooms below and none of them shared the characteristics of a smoking odor.

Even today, Jan. 12th, the room is still out of order due to the smoking odor.

It is very unfortunate that you were unable to enjoy our continental breakfast. However, we have always displayed and responded that our breakfast is served 8:00 AM till 10:00 AM daily.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 November 2011

Our Villa experience, compared to other motels we stayed at during our travels through B.C,
was clean and very roomy for our family of four. If you're used to staying in a five star hotel with all the ammenities you're not going to get that staying here, but I would definetly stay at this motel again as the staff are MORE than accomodating to every thing you may need or have forgotten. They were very friendly and made our stay in B.C a place to remember.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Frank S, Manager at Villa Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2012

Thanks for the great and honest feedback Cori T! I'm happy that you found the room spacious and accommodating for your family of four. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2011

We stayed at this motel.Our room was top floor facing the highway we did not hear the traffic
I see they have installed new windows
We had a great sleep, our bed was very comfortable.
We also took a dip in the pool and the hot tub. Both were clean warm no strong odors and in good shape

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Thanks for the amazing feedback Sandra W! I'm thrilled to hear that the new windows have been noticed and that you had an amazing sleep. Hope to see you on a return visit soon.

Reviewed 2 January 2011

We choose the Villa based on price and an acceptable experience there 5 years ago. We had two rooms. One was a kitchenette suite with two queens and one a simply queen room. We had three teen agers with this. Their biggest requirement was WI-Fi and a hot tub. The Villa had both.The temp control didn't work and the room was getting a bit warm so I cracked the window and all was good. In our opinion the Villa was clean, functional and served our purpose. It was inexpensive. We were skiing at Whitewater which is fantastic but skiing for a family of 5 is expensive so we skimped on accomodation and wanted room for 5 with a kitchenette which can be tough. It appears the newer owners are working on improvements. All in all, we got what we paid for, no more no less. For sure you can find nicer places in Nelson and pay more as well. We' heard about the reviews above and were a little worried but we'd go back.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Gordo050

Thank you for your honest review Gordo050! Yes, you are correct. We are diligently working on improvements and love to hear from guest reviews on areas we should focus. So, thank you again for your review. Would love to see you return for another trip out to Nelson.

Reviewed 7 November 2010

If you are ever in Nelson take my word DO NOT STAY IN THIS MOTEL. The room was horrible, it was dirty, very small, grafitti on the bathroom wall nothing in the room not even an alarm clock so we requested a wake up call which never came. The clerk was rude, the room was way overprised and it just made for an unpleasent stay. Again I say DO NOT STAY IN THIS MOTEL!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple