“A gem in the quaint city”
Review of Villa Motel

Villa Motel
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Nelson
Reviewed 29 January 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Villa Motel in the late summer of 2012 and came across this hotel because of its fare price for what it had to offer. We arrived close to midnight and called the manager to let him know that we would be checking in 6 hours later than expected. Upon arriving to the lobby, the manager was very nice and warm welcoming and quickly got our room keys and everything else set up. The room was very modest and cozy with a nice big flat screen tv. The bathroom was a decent size (enough room for two!) and was its own room with the big mirror and sink across from it. I found this really convenient because I didn't have to wait to use the mirror to get ready for our day's excursion.

The free continental breakfast was decent. The only thing that was missing were eggs, but the homemade waffles made up for it!

During our 2-day stay, there was a lot of celebration going on in the parking lot but we could not hear it in our room. We were located on the ground floor and slept comfortably as people partied upstairs and outside.

Another note worth mentioning is that whenever I stay at hotels, I leave valuable-looking jewelery and some loose change on the sink counter for the whole day and return to see if the housekeepers would steal it. Nothing was taken or rummaged through our belongings and I am confident that this family-run motel are very hospitable and respectful toward all their guests.

I have recommended this gem of a motel to a lot of my friends because the value of the guest services, room cleanliness and location exceeds my expectations of what I paid for.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sora85
Frank S, General Manager at Villa Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2013

Thank you for the review Sora85! Glad to hear that you enjoyed the waffles. I believe there was a wedding group during your stay and if the noise did disturb our guests I would have intervened. Great to know that your room was quiet regardless of the merry folks outside.

Hope to see you on your next trip out to Nelson.

Reviewed 21 January 2013

The staff at Villa Motel really took care of us, and made our stay a delight. It was on the other side of the river from all the night life of Nelson, but it was also a lot quieter than some of the other places we stayed. If you are looking for a relaxing and affordable motel with exceptional service in Nelson, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Frank S, Owner at Villa Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2013

Dear Jesse J,

Being a little way out of the downtown core can make a big difference to the noise levels at night. Also, we are far away from the train that goes through town. I'm happy to see you have a restful sleep here. Thank you for the great praise.

Would love to welcome you back on your next trip out to Nelson.

Reviewed 21 January 2013

I stayed Villa Motel in Nelson Sep of 2012.
Room was clean and service was great.
And they have awesome pancake!!!!
Price is another kick! Very reasonable and affordable.
Owners are very kind, friendly, and helpful.
Swimming pool and hot tube is plus!!
Good location and lots more!
I'll definitely come back for next vacation.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Hi Yooheum,

Glad to see you remember us after staying with us in September. Thank you for the wonderful praise. Hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 January 2013

We stayed here over the Christmas Holiday visiting our daughter. We were upgraded to an apartment to accomodate our young adult children. The rooms were a good size and clean with new bedding. They were installing new large Flat Screen TV's to many of the units during our stay. There was always someone available if we needed assistance or directions, the staff were very friendly. The views from our 2nd storey balcony were beautiful on a clear day. The overall expereince was perfect! We wouldn't hesitate to return to The Villa on our next visit.

The Afflecks'

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Hi VicTim A,

Most people will think you to be a victim. However, I can see it is a clever name for husband and wife: Vicky & Tim. Well done!

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed yourself at the Villa. We would be most happy to welcome you back when you return to Nelson, BC.

Reviewed 16 January 2013 via mobile

Here is a clean and car accessible place that close enough to downtown Nelson. I would maybe add a table in the rooms only for office or computer work practicality. Otherwise, nice staff, comfortable stay, agreeable tub, and good breakfast options.

• Stayed: January 2013

Hi GuiHom!

It was wonderful being able to accommodate you and your family during their unexpectedly extended trip to Nelson, BC. Although most of our rooms do have a desk area the suite you were in did not. We have plans to remodel the space to implement one in the near future. Thank you for the feedback and I hope to impress you further on your next visit.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

After an amazing experience at The Villa Motel in Nelson. I have decided to start writing reviews of the places we stay, starting with this fantastic Motel. We stayed in room 24 which is on the ground floor, perfect for us as we have a 2yr old. There are also rooms upstairs with balconies which look great too. The location is perfect for us. Just over the orange bridge with magnificent views of the lake and mountains. The room was large and very clean. The 2 queen beds are extremely comfortable with the best quilts ever. There is a massive LG brand new tv in the room. This motel has an onsite Chinese restaurant called Amanda's which serves excellent food. They also have free breakfast which consists of tasty waffles and plenty of tea and coffee. There is also a really good indoor pool with whirlpool. The staff are very friendly and happy to help. The best part of this motel is the price. We are always traveling on a budget and to be able to come to beautiful Nelson and stay in such a great place whilst saving some money to go sightseeing is great. We stayed on the skiers/snowboarding special where if you stay 4nights you get truly amazing discounts. Yes you could be downtown and yes you could stay somewhere a lot more expensive but why bother. In our opinion Save your money for sightseeing and stay in the Motel that has it all. This is the only place we will ever stay in Nelson. It's a bargain, it's clean, it's convenient, free breakfast, spacious rooms, beautiful views, swimming pool and restaurant. What else could you ask for. Thanks, we will be back soon.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Frank S, Owner at Villa Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2013

Wow what a wonderful review, thank you DoraTheExplorer!

I'm very delighted to hear about your satisfactory stay with us. It certainly was a pleasure to accommodate your family on their trip out to beautiful Nelson, BC. One perk in staying with us is definitely the views of the Orange bridge and driving over it on a daily basis. The bridge has one of the best viewpoints in town that people often miss on their trip to Nelson, and it is on our front door!

Come back next winter, where I hope my staff and I can dazzle your family again with more improvements that we have planned for this year.

-Frank

Reviewed 24 November 2012 via mobile

We stayed here with a hockey team in November. We had a suite (two adjoining rooms). It was actually very roomy and quite clean. The bedding was basic and the decor was ok. With a family - it is awesome to have the kids in a separate room. The pools is ok although the chlorine in the air made my eyes burn when sitting on the edge. Overall - a good budget choice for families.

• Stayed: November 2012
Frank S, Owner at Villa Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2012

Hi Jason + Family,

Thank you for staying with us with the Cranbrook Minor Hockey Team! It is great to hear you found our rooms roomy and clean. I am working on the bedding and if your team participates in the tournament next year I'd be very happy to show you what we've done in between. The pool and hot tub went through a rigorous inspection the day before your arrival so I am a bit surprised the chlorine in the hot tub irritated your eyes. On a side note, the water was completely drained and balanced during our inspection, so the facilities were very clean for your stay as is our standard. I do apologize for this inconvenience and hopefully on your next visit, this does not occur. Thank you for your comments and we would love to accommodate your family once again. Hopefully the kids had a very memorable time in Nelson and at the tournament.