“Good value”
Review of Villa Motel

Villa Motel
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Nelson
Reviewed 13 June 2013

The Villa Motel was chosen based on what I read off tripadvisor reviews and was happy with the choice. The beds are comfortable and the room clean. Our room had been recently updated and had a large flatscreen TV. Was able to park our motorbikes out front so that is good when travelling on motorbikes. Did not stay for breakfast so not suure how it was as left before it was on as like to travel early and did not start till 8. It appears that they are remodelling some rooms as they go along as there was some reno being done to room next door. Our room was nice and updated so well done on owners to be giving the older motel a facelift as finished product is very good value.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Frank S, General Manager at Villa Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Dear Al R,

Thank you for your review. I hope the reno we were doing in the room next door didn't bother you during your stay. The room next door is one of the first batch of rooms to receive hardwood flooring. Please inquire for this room on your next stay!

Reviewed 22 May 2013

Having stayed the previous night in a very uninspiring and smelly Super8 in West Kelowna, the Villa Motel was a breath of fresh air. It sits just across the lake, away from the main town of Nelson, but everything is so close this made no difference to us.
Our room was spacious, spotless, well decorated, with a huge flat-screen TV and our view was of the sunny mountains. The owners were very friendly and so helpful. Their knowledge of the area is perfect, if in need of breakfast go to The Bent Fork just across the bridge it was ace!
All in all this is a gem of a place!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicola S

Dear Nicola S,

Thank you kindly for such praise. I was excited to see your photos you posted along with your review. Was the Bent Fork amazing or what?

Reviewed 6 May 2013

The Villa Motel on Nelson's beautiful North Shore is our destination spot when we travel to Nelson. The beds are more than comfy and the rooms comfortable and clean. Our room had been recently updated and the beautiful flatscreen TV made it perfect. Thanks to Frank & family and Melissa for making our stay so great.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rae B

Dear Rae B,

The staff and I are very delighted to hear of your pleasurable stay with us. Melissa was surprised you remembered her name, thank you!

Reviewed 27 March 2013

My Girlfriend and I have stayed at the Villa several times.We first stayed there for work and now all ways book in when we visit Nelson.Frank is super friendly and helpful.The room is clean spacious and some have a great view of the lake.We felt really at home there and the housekeeping staff are really nice. We've stayed at a few places in Nelson and this is our favorite.
Highly recommended.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Frank S, General Manager at Villa Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2013

Thank you for the review Philtea. You and your girlfriend are always welcome here. Great to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us over the many months.

Reviewed 5 March 2013

The Villa Motel is run by very friendly and informative people. Their knowledge of the area was a great asset. The rooms are being updated and I spent two nights in a large king room, with a new and quite large, flat screen TV. The bed was beautiful, with a new duvet, lovely white duvet cover and sparkling white sheets! The walls were adorned with tasteful, modern prints and paintings. The room in general still has that old look to it and and has not yet been entirely modernized. However; it was immaculately clean! I was more than a little impressed. I will definitely be staying there again on my next visit to Nelson. It was cleaner than a four diamond hotel!!

Room Tip: Room 33 was great!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lschmoll

Thank you for your praise and title of cleanest room in town! The cleanliness goes out to our devoted housekeeping staff. I will forward this review to them and I'm sure they will be greatly pleased. Please do drop by Nelson again and go on that grand adventure to the secret caves. Also, the room you stayed in is one of our development rooms where we add things to see what guests think. I'm glad you found all the additions to your liking.

Reviewed 29 January 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Villa Motel in the late summer of 2012 and came across this hotel because of its fare price for what it had to offer. We arrived close to midnight and called the manager to let him know that we would be checking in 6 hours later than expected. Upon arriving to the lobby, the manager was very nice and warm welcoming and quickly got our room keys and everything else set up. The room was very modest and cozy with a nice big flat screen tv. The bathroom was a decent size (enough room for two!) and was its own room with the big mirror and sink across from it. I found this really convenient because I didn't have to wait to use the mirror to get ready for our day's excursion.

The free continental breakfast was decent. The only thing that was missing were eggs, but the homemade waffles made up for it!

During our 2-day stay, there was a lot of celebration going on in the parking lot but we could not hear it in our room. We were located on the ground floor and slept comfortably as people partied upstairs and outside.

Another note worth mentioning is that whenever I stay at hotels, I leave valuable-looking jewelery and some loose change on the sink counter for the whole day and return to see if the housekeepers would steal it. Nothing was taken or rummaged through our belongings and I am confident that this family-run motel are very hospitable and respectful toward all their guests.

I have recommended this gem of a motel to a lot of my friends because the value of the guest services, room cleanliness and location exceeds my expectations of what I paid for.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sora85

Thank you for the review Sora85! Glad to hear that you enjoyed the waffles. I believe there was a wedding group during your stay and if the noise did disturb our guests I would have intervened. Great to know that your room was quiet regardless of the merry folks outside.

Hope to see you on your next trip out to Nelson.

Reviewed 21 January 2013

The staff at Villa Motel really took care of us, and made our stay a delight. It was on the other side of the river from all the night life of Nelson, but it was also a lot quieter than some of the other places we stayed. If you are looking for a relaxing and affordable motel with exceptional service in Nelson, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Frank S, Owner at Villa Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2013

Dear Jesse J,

Being a little way out of the downtown core can make a big difference to the noise levels at night. Also, we are far away from the train that goes through town. I'm happy to see you have a restful sleep here. Thank you for the great praise.

Would love to welcome you back on your next trip out to Nelson.

Kind regards,