“Perfect motel for ski travellers, frank is so kind!”
Review of Villa Motel

Villa Motel
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Nelson
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed there with my girlfriend in order to make some backcountry and touring skiing, we booked 3nights first and finally we stayed one week because this place is very nice for the price!
The room is big (perfect with all this ski cases in travel) with a big TV with cable, the bed is big and confortable, and the wifi in the room is really quick!
More...franck is very helpful and kind!
Thank you for this week!

French travellers.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 February 2014

We booked in for 3 days with my parents in their own room and Frank gave us a better rate than online. Then our dog sitter bailed on us and Frank found a solution for us to bring Angus. Then after two nights my kids were miserable with events in the city so we decided to leave a day early and Frank totally understood and waived the last night. Absolutely great great service. They are in the middle of renos which means by summer will have clean new suites. The beds were awesome and it is easy to find. Thank you Frank we will be back!

Room Tip: pay the extra and get the kitchenette. Its great to cook meals on a whim.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank princess m
Frank S, General Manager at Villa Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear Princess M,

Thank you for your review and comments. I now have a new title under my belt: "angel". I'm sorry to hear your kids did not enjoy Nelson but hope you had a wonderful time with your family for the Lunar New Years!

Reviewed 30 January 2014

My earleir review already covered the merits of Villa Motel. But for my second visit, Frank, the manager, deserves special mention. I had to make last minute booking changes due to snow storms in the mountain passes, and Frank resolved all my problems. He even called booking.com on my behalf to ensure I am not charged the cancellation fee.

Upon arrival at the postponed date, he went out of his way to ensure we had everything we needed. The onsite restaurant was closed for a short break, but Frank was ready with delivery restaurant menus, and even recommended certain dishes. Service levels normally expected at 5-star resorts, not motels! Thank you, Frank!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear HendrikBerg,

Welcome back once again! Thank you for your continual support. The weather can have a severe impact on guests' travel plans and during these winter conditions we prefer that you travel under safer conditions. Wow, what a comment about the 5star service. Thank you!!

Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed at many hotels during a ski trip to interior BC , staying in Nelson , Revelstoke, and Golden. Villa motel was by far the best value. The rooms were clean, comfortable and spacious enough for two guys on a ski trip. The hot tub was great after a day of skiing. In addition the wifi was super fast allowing you to face time , stream netflix and send photos to family and friends.

I would definitely recommended Villa motel to anyone visiting Nelson. The staff was very friendly , especially Frank at the front desk. All in all. a great value in a beautiful area with lots to do.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Gjones419,

Thank you for a glowing review. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed the wifi (thankfully Shaw has boosted our area and even higher speeds will be available soon!). Hope to see you again on your next ski trip out to the Kootenays.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Basic, as one would expect from a motel, but everything was clean. Excellent matresses, and the room has everything we needed - free wifi, full size fridge, stove, microwave, coffee maker and kettle, even a toaster. Outside also had two bbqs available, but the weather was too cool last weekend for outside catering. Having the car parked right in front of the room door was very convenient for off-loading.

The complimetary breakfast featured a limited number of items, but sufficient, and the DIY waffle maker produced perfect fresh waffles. Highly recommended, but you need a vehicle for access to downtown Nelson (about 2km away.)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear HendrikBerg,

Thank you for your feedback. We are all delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

The hotel is quite nice for the rate. It certainly isn't 5 star, but given the price that should be obvious. The room was quite clean except for a large stain in the carpet. The pool was very clean and above average for hotel pools in my opinion. The breakfast included waffles which was nice. Everything about the hotel was basically what I would expect. The price however does reflect the location of the hotel - it is a fair distance from downtown nelson. On the plus side there is ample parking which is something that other hotels in the area may be missing. My main complaint would be that even though the hotel offered 4 wireless hotspots none of them seemed to work very well and even when they did work the internet was extremely slow. Despite its flaws I would still go back and would still recommend it to other travelers looking for a reasonably priced room.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank actf
Frank S, General Manager at Villa Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Thank you for your review actf.

First of all, sorry to hear about the stain on the carpet. The first project during the fall is adding in laminate flooring for all ground floor units that need replacement and new carpet tiles for the upper floor rooms that are in need of freshening up.

We are very fortunate to have one of the largest parking space for accommodations in town.

We originally had 5 routers for our property but in the last week we have added 3 more routers for extra coverage. Our internet speed is related to the Shaw infrastructure (which they are almost done upgrading). After speaking to them today, they informed me that the speeds will get much better in about 4 weeks time.

I hope on your next stay that these improvements will be to your satisfaction.

PS. We work really hard on keeping the swimming pool clean and are happy to hear such feedback. Thank you.

-Frank

Reviewed 4 September 2013

This was our first stop on our Canadian Rockies trip and we weren't disappointed. The location was ideal for us as we wanted to take the free Balfour ferry across the Lake to continue on our trip. We met several motorcyclists who also stayed there and continued on the same route as we did. We continued to meet them several times later as well. The Villa is small enough to strike up small relationships so it is a very family-friendly motel as well. We will stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank classicalmuziclover

Thank you for your review Classicalmuziclover.

I think it's awesome that our guests meet each other throughout the trip. Hope you had a wonderful time during your Canadian Rockies trip. I do admit, I love to talk, and I'm very happy to strike up a conversation with anyone here.

See you on your next trip out here.

-Frank