“Quiet room exceptionally clean facilities” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Villa Motel

Villa Motel
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Nelson
Nanaimo
“Quiet room exceptionally clean facilities”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Only stayed one night on a road trip back from Calgary to Vancouver. Facilities were exceptionally clean and the room on the bottom floor was quiet for a good nights sleep.
We did not roll into the Villa Motel until 10 pm but the owner was quick to provide friendly and helpful service. I would stay here next year on our June road trip. And I would recommend this motel to any of my family or friends travelling through the area.

Room Tip: Bottom rooms get the morning sun...you can sit outside at a table and chairs in front of your room a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Recently, I've just stayed at the Villa Motel about a week ago and left a few of my special belongings back in my room. I realized some of my belongings were missing once I got back to Vancouver, BC. With haste, I called the Manager of the Villa Motel and right away he went to go check if my belongings were still there and sure enough, my forgotten belongings were there. The manager told me that he was on his way to Vancouver for business reasons and he could drop by and give my belongings to me. Sure enough, a couple of days later he called me with my belongings in his hand waiting outside my door. The Villa Motel is filled with caring and trustworthy staff with excellent service. I'll never forget the unforgettable experience I had there!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Chanty W
Vanderhoof, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

We were just in Nelson for the Peewee Hockey Provincials. Frank the Manager went above and beyond in making our stay fantastic and accomadated our every need and request. The rooms were clean and comfortable, with many of them being newly renovated. The kitchenette options were exactly what we were looking for so we could feed the team while we were there, and the rates were great. There is a BBQ and patio tables outside of the rooms which were such a nice option with the view of the lake and mountains. I always use these reviews to pick hotels for the teams and I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Heather F
Logan Lake, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

The Villa hotel is basic, but spotlessly clean, with a very comfortable bed and a decent sized TV.
The free Wi-Fi worked, something we do not always find, even when the hotel/motel brags about Free Wi-Fi! The motel is pet friendly, and the additional charge for our dog was a modest $10 - much less than most!

Their free, "stand-up" breakfast (as it was described to me by our host) is adequate. Coffee, Hot water for tea, and a waffle-maker & syrup. That's it. No juice, no cereals and no place to sit.

Overall, good value for your money and we'd stay there again, in a hearbeat.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

I was invited to a summer wedding last year and stayed in a standard room with two beds, #28 to be exact. The grounds were well kept, and the summer view of the mountains, lake, and bridge were enjoyed from the picnic tables. Families were using the BBQ and although I didn't go into the swimming pool and hot tub, it seemed it was greatly enjoyed. Frank helped to accommodate our request for ground floor and I appreciate that. Thank you Frank, we will be back in the future.

Room Tip: just ask frank i'm sure he'll help u find a room to cater to your needs
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

Room 32, Just across the lake outside Nelson. The room with a queen bed is large and well decorated. The bathroom area is also large. The bed is very comfortable and I had a wonderful sleep. There was no road noise in the room and I didn't hear my neighbours either. The pool /hot tub are in a separate building and the only change area is a single small bathroom. The included breakfast that starts at 8:00 is quite minimal - toast, English muffins, waffles and coffee. There is no fruit, cereal, juice so if you have places to go then the breakfast is not worth waiting around for. You have to take breakfast back to your room. The front desk was very helpful with where to eat and what to do. Other than breakfast this was a good place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TravelingGlenn
Agen, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed there with my girlfriend in order to make some backcountry and touring skiing, we booked 3nights first and finally we stayed one week because this place is very nice for the price!
The room is big (perfect with all this ski cases in travel) with a big TV with cable, the bed is big and confortable, and the wifi in the room is really quick!
More...franck is very helpful and kind!
Thank you for this week!

French travellers.