“Sleep for 4”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Nelson
Calgary, Canada
“Sleep for 4”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Last minute call to reserve at the Villa. Right after the orange vridge ( depends on which side u are coming!) We had a Suite kitchennette with 2 queen bed and a futon. AC in the room. Access to a continebtal breakfast abd pool/hottub. For 129$ per night awesome !

Stayed August 2014
Frank S, General Manager at Villa Motel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time in writing us a review. Great to hear you enjoyed the room, price, and facilities.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Saskatoon,SK
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I spent close to a week in Nelson learning qigong with Master Kwan.My stay at the motel was pleasant but with minor hitches.My room was comfortable,very clean and mad up daily.The breakfast which was included in the price was minimal and seating was very limited.The motel did not have a message centre so contact with the outside world was somewhat limited.There was a good restaurant a few dozen yards away which was very convenient.The beach and a beautiful municipal park was minutes away on the other side of the bridge.To get around the area one really needs a car although the distances are not that great.So if you want a quiet,reasonably priced place located close to a nice recreational place then the Villa Motel deserves your consideration.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank SKVagabond
Thank you for your review. Sorry to hear the lack of a answering machine for the room was an inconvenience during your stay with us. Great to hear you had an enjoyable stay otherwise.
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed at the Villa on the recommendation of friend who had stayed there recently on a motorcycle trip. I usually stay right in Nelson but decided to try it as we were not going to go out and there is a restaurant on site. (fantastic Wor Won Ton ) The room was very clean, the beds were new and comfortable, there was a new 42" flat screen and everything worked well including the AC. The hosts were very friendly and there was a continental breakfast in the lobby, just enough to start the day. The only drawback is that it is on the other side of the bridge from town, but it is only a 15 - 20 minute walk or 5 min cab ride. I will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for writing a great review. The price we pay for our scenic views, peace, and quiet is that we are removed from the downtown core. Great to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us as well as our 42" plasma tvs!
Calgary
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I was pleased by the courteous service and warm greeting I received upon check in, and was happy to see cleaning staff at work all over the property. I was not delighted by the location of our room (right next to the office) but we booked on a discount site, so I guess that's what you get. The price was certainly reasonable.

The pool was clean and my son & husband enjoyed cooling down in it. The room appeared to be fairly clean but when I pulled the bedside table away from the wall to access the plug-in for my iPhone charger, I found someone else's dried up french fry and crumbs - which was a big turn-off. I am pretty neurotic about the cleanliness of the places I stay - even if they are budget-friendly.
The bedskirt also needed a serious vacuuming - they were dusty and unclean looking. The worst, aside from the crumbs behind the bed stand was the amount of fuzz and dust collecting on the lampshade next to the bed. Once I saw this, I couldn't get it out of my head and even found it hard to sleep. Like I said, I am a bit neurotic about any visible dirt in hotel rooms, since I travel a lot - and this lampshade was in desperate need of a dusting. It's not healthy to inhale that dust all night from the lamp right next to your head.

Everything else seemed fairly clean but the shower was insane - it went from hot to cold completely unpredictably…they definitely need to renovate the bathrooms and improve the plumbing! And the cleaners need to get right up to the baseboards. The only way to pull-off budget accommodations like this is to keep it SPOTLESSLY clean.

Room Tip: Ask them for a second-level room near the pool.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for writing a review for us. Sorry to hear the room's cleanliness was not to our standard. The nightstand lamps and phone charging stations are on our to-do list and based on your review, I have increased its urgency.
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We spent 2 nights here. Staff were friendly & helpful. The bathroom was spacious and I particularly liked the sink in a separate area from the tub & toilet. There were some minor problems with the shower, it was hard to adjust and prone to changing temperature suddenly. The beds were comfortable. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your response. I am investigating the shower pressure issue as it seems to have worsen lately. Hope to see you again on your next travel out to Nelson.
Toronto
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Was pleasantly suprised when the owner greated us with cold bottles of water and clean towels after a very long drive. The rooms are clean and the continental breakfast was sufficient to start the day. Very good customer service.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The Villa Motel offers great rates, and clean rooms. The motel has had new owners now for a couple of years and are renovating and upgrading it nicely. The rooms are very clean and the beds are as comfortable as a four diamon hotel offers. I know this, for I work in one. I enjoy going back to the motel for a nice swim and a relaxing night after an adventerous day in Nelson.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple