“Above average”

Ranked #3 of 13 Nelson B&B and Inns
Calgary
“Above average”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Inviting and warm, nice wooden interior. The girl at the reception wasn't too cheery though, nor friendly or helpful. Our private room was small but clean. Kitchen was very very clean. Overall good experience. Sleep was awful because of the baby crying across the hallway, but it seemed a rare occasion to me that is unlikely to reoccur. On a sidenote, the shoerack smelled up the staircase and it'd be better to move it away from the middle of the room/entrance.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank PixieD81

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 27 July 2013

There was no one at the front desk or anywhere to be found in the hostel at our 10oclk check out to return our 100$ deposit that we were required to give because we didn't have a credit card. This was frustrating, as we had places to be.
Otherwise, our stay was great!
It was clean, and very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
DancingBearInn, General Manager at Dancing Bear Inn, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Dancing Bear Inn during your travels. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I want to sincerely apologize that you experienced difficulty checking out. Our desk should be staffed from 7-11am every day and it is not acceptable that no one was available to check you out at 10am. I have addressed this incident with my staff and assure you that it will not happen again. We would love to accommodate you on your next visit to Nelson. If you plan to make a future reservation, please be in contact with me directly so that I can assure you a more comfortable stay. Thank you again for your business. We look forward to seeing you again!

Best,

Misha Graves
misha@dancingbearinn.com

NOTE: please be advised that the Dancing Bear Inn does not require a cash deposit for any guest reserving a room with a Visa or MasterCard.
Otorohanga, New Zealand
Reviewed 30 June 2013

If you plan to stay in Nelson stay here, the best hostel i have stayed in. Staff are so friendly, facilities are excellent and the town is so laid back and beautiful. I will be back . . .
Thanks to Jesse and Coleen :)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I have been to a lot of HI hostels all over the world. But the Dancing Bear Inn was the best hostel I have ever been!! It's very clean and comfortable. But the best was the staff, the cozy lobby and all the nice people I met there! The staff was always helpful, funny and nice - especially the German intern ;)
I will definitely visit this hostel and Nelson, this very special and nice place on earth, again!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I travel to Nelson three times a year for school and I was so impressed with the dancing bear the first time I went that I never bothered looking for another place to stay even though I would often stay for weeks at a time.
The staff are always friendly, inviting and soon become like family.
The rooms have always been clean and so homey. The whole environment is so welcoming!!
The dancing bear is by far the best hostel I have ever stayed at, it's honestly better then most motels I have stayed at! When in Nelson ill never stay at another place!

• Stayed September 2012
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 23 May 2013

The Dancing Bear Inn was clean and friendly. The staff was beyond friendly and very helpful and inviting. The room and bathroom was very clean. The stay was enjoyable and I would most definitely visit again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Of course visited nelson to hit the powder at whitewater and WOW:
Staying at the hostel in twin room was excellent, good sleep and easy walk to night spots (not too late for me) and dining---Nelson has a great selection. Some people say too few bathrooms but all was ok for me.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends