“Look - another great kootenay koffee bar!”
Review of Oso Negro Coffee

Oso Negro Coffee
Ranked #1 of 9 Coffee & Tea in Nelson
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Trip advisor and reasonable parking (e.g. no meter) led me to Oso Negro. I am sure I have had coffee here before but those were the dark years.
Great little shop - filled with ageing patagucci hippies. Good quality food and the coffee lived up to it's name.
Worth stopping at.

1  Thank Kris J

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I loved the latte I got at Oso Negro. They don't have any flavors that can be added but you don't really need them. I am used to adding syrups to my lattes but I only added a little sugar and it was tasty, tasty. Our breakfast (I had a breakfast bagel sandwich and my husband had yogurt and granola) was very good. We each got a muffin for the road and enjoyed those too. It seemed like this bakery had a lot of different options for people with different dietary needs (vegan, gluten free, etc) so I would recommend it for that reason too. I would most certainly recommend visiting this place for a treat and latte.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I had a soy latte and didn't need to add anything to it (no sugar, nothing). It was DELICIOUS. Plus, they had gluten-free/vegan treats which were delicious as well! I wish Calgary had this coffee shop!! 10x better than Starbucks.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Was blown away by this cafe. Living in Vancouver provides high standards for cafe experiences and Oso Negro didn't disappoint. The coffee was excellent and the baked goods were incredible. The building requires a revolving door because of the high volume of bustling locals pouring in and out. The patio is laid out very well and provides a relaxing venue for private chats in a garden setting, or a great opportunity to interact with strangers depending on where you sit.

Will definitely visit again next time we're passing through.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This coffee shop is locally owned and offers a store front for locally roasted coffee. The operators go to great lengths to access high quality and socially/environmentally responsible coffee beans. The coffee shop is a great example of local artistic talent from the landscaping to the spectacular metal-work. The outdoor patio is delightful on a sunny day. It offers a great opportunity to experience the wide-ranging culture in Nelson. How many places can you see RCMP officers sitting at one table and local marijuana producers sitting at the next table?