“Nice location and food”

Louie's Steakhouse and Lounge
Ranked #21 of 104 Restaurants in Nelson
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A distinctly metropolitan culinary experience, in historic Nelson's bustling downtown. Specializing in signature steaks, specialty pastas, rustic thin crust pizza, and FRESH seafood, Louie's Steakhouse offers the finest quality food, and exemplary service in an area of abundant comfort.Executive Chef Adam Duff has created a dining experience focusing on regional products, and in season ingredients. We off only the finest cuts of premium aged beef, along with a menu featuring a diverse selection of appetizers, entrees and accompaniments that is sure to tantalize the most refined of palates.Our liquid chefs have created an impeccable cast of martinis -- 28 in all, and an impressive selection of signaure cocktails. Our extensive wine list focuses on wines from the region, with a bit of international flair. Not to mention award-winning Nelson Brewing Company ales on tap, and fine premium spirits.
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Our first stay in Nelson and after viewing the reviews in TripAdvisor we thought we'd give this establishment a try. Absolutely beautiful view and excellent location. We sat on the patio and tried some of the local beer. The pepperoni pizza was excellent. We both had desserts and enjoyed them. The only and our biggest concern was the lady that came to sit on the patio with her dog and a dog bed which she put on a chair. Not sure if we missed something but I am sure the Health Board would have a field day with that. After viewing the TripAdvisor certificate of excellence sitting before you enter the building it surprised me that the management would allow this. All the folks on the patio thought it a bit odd. Too bad about this as it was a big detractor for us.

1  Thank easytrvlr
Rob_Little, General Manager at Louie's Steakhouse and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear easytrvir,

Thank you for your comments. And we are so glad you enjoyed your meal with us. With reference to the small dog on the patio… You are exactly right, it shouldn't have happened. My understanding is that the guest was told by the server at the beginning of the night that the dog was not permitted, and the guest said she would set her little dog up on the sidewalk next to the patio, but then proceeded to set the dog up on a chair at the end of the patio where they were sitting, figuring that it was far enough out of the way of other patrons, and just a couple feet away from the sidewalk. This should not have been allowed to happen, and our apologies if it negatively affected your evening.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

great steak and they know how to cook them. and the service was excellent would eat there again We sat on the deck hot day They also had a wide variety of beer and wind

Rob_Little, General Manager at Louie's Steakhouse and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear Jguinan2014,

Thanks for joining us, and so glad you enjoyed your experience. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Tripadvisor. All the best!

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

After a long day on the road ( and ferry!) we stopped at Louie for a later dinner on Thursday night. We had the chance to sit on the lovely patio. Warm weather was pleasant. We were four. Quick and efficiant service. Salad , steak and fishes were on the table. Absolutely everythings was perfect !

Dear Pinkgoose,

Thanks for your nice comments. So glad we could accommodate you after a long trip. Look forward to having you again in the future.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Went to Louies with my wife for a special dinner. I ordered the lamb medium rare and was told that I should order it medium because most people don't realize how rare medium rare lamb is....?...I have probably eaten medium rare lamb more times than this waiter has served it. Took it as an insult to my culinary intelligence and started the experience off on the wrong foot. After a disappointing starter and a long wait - even though not terribly busy, the lamb came and the portion was small - unevenly cooked and the rest of the plate portion was meagre - taste was so-so.My wife's meal was nothing special either. Expected a lot more for the big price tag - comparing this to high end restaurants in Vancouver it is well below standard.

Rob_Little, General Manager at Louie's Steakhouse and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Kim M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our establishment. I'm assuming you were in our restaurant a while ago, as lamb has not been on our menu for months. With that said, I do apologize that you did not enjoy your starter or lamb dish. If our service staff offended your culinary intelligence, I once again apologize. Our servers are trained to inform our guests on how our Chef would recommend the dish be cooked, and in this case it was medium. As far as portion size goes... I have to say that you are the first person to ever question our portion sizes. In fact most people feel the exact opposite. And although lamb can vary slightly in size, a full rack is a full rack to some degree. So there really shouldn't be any issue here. And finally, your comment regarding the cooking time, as a seasoned lamb eater, I'm sure you are aware that to cook a rack of lamb properly to medium rare, as you requested, takes a minimum of 20 minutes. This is substantially longer than any other dish on the menu, and holds true to any restaurant around. We time all of our bills in the restaurant and hold to a 17 minute bill time or less as acceptable from the minute your appetizer is cleared, with the exception of lamb when it is on the menu and allow for 30 minutes for this dish. These bill times are monitored daily, and I can assure you that I have not seen a lamb dish exceed this bill time in the past 10 months. With that said, I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your time with us at Louie's. We take great care in trying to provide the finest food and highest quality service, to all of our guests. In future please do not hesitate to let us know of your discontent while in the restaurant, so that we may address the issue more promptly. Should you have any further comments or would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to message me, or contact me directly at the restaurant.

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Great athmosphere, kind and polite staff.
This place is really much more than a steakhouse, it really has a sophisticated touch that makes you feel comfortable.
Food was great, just my steak was a little too much marbled it became chewy, but great in the end. Besides they have a very wide wine and beer selection