“Nice find”

Old World Bakery and Deli
Ranked #2 of 2 Bakeries in Nelson
Description: Bakery, café, deli, import grocery store and Internet café.
Description: Bakery, café, deli, import grocery store and Internet café.
Reviewed 8 July 2013

During a nice bike ride I wandered into the ferry area and wanted to see what was in the bakery. I saw a pretty nice cream puff filled with whipped cream, Bavarian cream, and berries. It was a perfect size for me (sometimes they can be too big) and this was a nice indulgence during a bike ride from Nelson to Kaslo. Beautiful setting too.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

While parked in line waiting at the Balfour Ferry Terminal I wandered into this bakery and what a charming little bakery. I felt as if I walked into one of those little European store front bakeries I saw in Belgium, France and other places in Western Europe. The smell of baking bread was wonderful and I found a couple of pastries to go and they were absolutely delicious and what a treat which was unexpected. I'd like to go back and try other bakery goods available!

1  Thank BorealForestDweller
Reviewed 4 May 2013

I m french and I will like their way to to bakery. I tried a chocolate croissant with berries and cream. It was gorgeous.

Reviewed 9 March 2013

I am a regular customer, and I have to say I love Old World Bakery! Your sandwiches, subs, & paninis are amazing; great quality at an affordable price! The potato salad is great! Your Americano's are my favourite in town, this coming from a chica who previously worked as a barista, my boyfriend especially LOVES your mocha's! The baked goodies are ALWAYS delicious! And last, but certainly not least.... The colourful staff who are always so kind, and truly seem like I care about the individuals they're serving. Keep up the excellent work, it shows!! Happy you opened a downtown location <3

Reviewed 13 February 2013

Love the dessert choices and snacky foods. Great coffee. The staff are really friendly and helpful too. Prices are very affordable. Has fast become a happening little spot downtown Nelson. Love it there.