“I'll give it a poor overall”
Review of Full Circle Cafe

Full Circle Cafe
Ranked #11 of 102 Restaurants in Nelson
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 1 May 2014

two visits - first time had to wait for tables to be cleared/ set-up and slow to get service - the food was good although very heavy - second time sat outside and took over 10 minutes to get coffee then the server never came back - left the restaurant.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have had several mediocre and overpriced breakfasts here. The service is often terrible, usually when the owners are taking tables. The last time I ate here I had ordered eggs poached medium. When the meal arrived the eggs were barely cooked enough to hold together. No one came to quality check or refill my coffee or water. I did not eat the eggs. When the owner came to clear my plate he asked if everything was ok and I explained to him that the eggs were not cooked and I was unable to eat them. As a compensation, he offered to take my coffee off the bill. The one small cup of coffee (since no one came to give me a refill) in no way compensated for a breakfast that was inedible. Having told this story many times, I hear that this is not out of the ordinary at this restaurant. I will not be back.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

The breakfast we were served was quite a disappointment. Three of us had eggs Benny and they arrived cold. The waiter brought a full order for one of our party when only a half had been ordered, and then refused to take it back, arguing that he was right and you get what you asked for. Apparently you don't even get the benefit of the doubt. I had the standard breakfast with scrambled eggs, potato and toast. Quite unremarkable. Warm but not hot, eggs quite bland and over cooked, potatoes sparse and tasteless. The coffee was no better than gas station coffee.
This may have just been a bad day for the staff, but this is not a restaurant we will go back to soon.

1  Thank CanadianSNEdmonton
Reviewed 29 December 2013

This is a very nice place to eat breakfast, definitely worth the wait to get a table. Very nice staff and consistently cooked food. Without a doubt top 5 in Nelson.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Came here for breakfast after this place was highly recommended by the attendant at my motel. Was not terribly busy at 8AM on a Saturday. Service was friendly and prompt. Restaurant does not have wifi...not a big deal, but seems not to match upscale cafes in 2013.

I had their "New Paris" omelette, prepared at my request as a scramble, it included ham, goat cheese, caramelized onion, basil, and hollandaise sauce. It was delicious.

Unfortunately, I have to ding them with a demerit for charging an extra $0.75 for substituting Kootenay Spelt bread (a local bakery's bread) for regular white or wheat...they give you 2 slices and honestly it's nothing special. This is an "upscale" cafe...if this really is a more high-end bread, they should just include it by default (and even just quietly increase the price of the entree a touch to include it). Having the up-charge for "nothing special" bread just seemed "nickel-and-dimey" to me.

2  Thank DaveR19