“The Mountains - The Mansion - The Man”

The Blaylock Mansion
Ranked #1 of 14 Nelson B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Truly a remarkable property!

The Mansion never ceases to surprise me, every time I'm here a see or learn a little bit more about this historical property and the man who's vision and desire had it built. Selwyn Blaylock would have been a very interesting man to meet, building the Mansion in the 30's, it has truly withstood the test of time and it's old world historical charm continues to warm and greet all those who have the pleasure to experience it.

Since I was last here the hardwood floors in the dining room, breakfast room and front entrance have been restored to there natural beauty, awesome!

The breakfasts, hosts and hospitality are always 1st class and I will return again to enjoy the Mansion soon.

Room Tip: Mountain View rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Amazing resort in the best part of Nelson, British Columbia, Canada. Highly highly highly recommend staying here and getting married! I hope one day I can afford to buy a unit in this property and invite all my friends to stay in other units. Put simply, that is how much I appreciate the kind of beauty The Blaylock Mansion has!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 December 2013

My husband and I made reservations to stay at Blaylock at the end of November. We arrived and the place was dark and no one was there! It turned out the owners confused our reservation with someone else's and cancelled ours...we were bummed and they were out of town. Thankfully the Best Western in Nelson was gracious enough to let us stay there for 2 nights on such a short notice. Needless to say this place needs more organization when dealing with reservations...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Megan U
bironside, Owner at The Blaylock Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

We are very sorry that your reservation was mistakenly cancelled. We close the Estate for much of the winter haven't had systems in place for the off season. This is completely unacceptable and I am currently in the process of hiring an online booking and reservation management system. We hope to have this up and running within 60 days.
I would like to offer you 50% off your next nights stay to come back and allow our staff and estate to try "wow" you as we do most of our guests.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I had noticed the mansion on an earlier trip through the Kootenays and when I Googled it, discovering its rich history and "touring" it via the virtual tour, I knew I had to experience it. I wasn't disappointed! Dan and Louise are excellent hosts and ambassadors for this fairy tale place - a relic from a bygone era of elegance and beauty. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: I stayed on the lakeside of the mansion, which give a view of the lake but also the traffic going by...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We had a great experience at Blaylock's B&B Elegant mansion with interesting history, outstanding location and gardens.The hosts, Dan and Louise do all they can to make for a wonderful experience and the breakfasts are phenomenal. If you can, you must stay here and also contribute to maintain the history of an iconic mansion in the history of British Columbia

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We were lucky enough to be able to get a room at the last minute at Blaycock mansion. It is a lovely home with a beautiful garden and great pool for a refreshing dip. The breakfast was a wonderful way to start our day and our hosts were very welcomming during our stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2013

From the amazing setting, stunning grounds, breathtaking gardens, rooms with history at your fingertips, right down to Danny and Louise's special attention to every detail at breakfast - especially the Organic Blaylock Blend Granola, this was a fabulous experience for the entire family. The kids loved the pool and were welcome to explore the grounds. The elegance of the mansion was so beautiful and yet the entire family was made to feel at home. Enjoyed a wonderful massage in the spa in the sunroom of the mansion. Would easily recommend to others and will definitely be back! Didn't even get to the tennis court... Too busy enjoying the pool, gardens, access to the lake and easy access to Nelson.

• Stayed: August 2013