“I crave the sushi.”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
“I crave the sushi.”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I love the fusion style sushi. Not a place to expect tradition but definitely a place to expect flavour. My partner and I crave the non-traditional sushi regularly. The flavours mesh well. They are always the best when the owner makes them but the other guys definitely have improved from when we first starting coming here. The only thing I would recommend for anyone who goes here is to expect to wait, do not come starved or in a hurry. We usually start with their onion rings to combat a bit of the wait for the sushi. Flash fried roles are excellent. I used to share with my partner but now we have to order our own cause we aren't willing to share anymore ;)

• Visited February 2014

Nelson, Canada
“Horrible. Not sure if other "reviewers" know what actual sushi should taste like”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Worst place in nelson i've ever been too.
Ordered a miso soup, shrimp tempura and a dynamite roll. Was going to order more after the first order but it was so god awful that i'll never set foot in there again.
The miso soup arrived cold and had no flavour in the slightest. I get that it was going to be organic but it tasted like bland mushroom water. There isn't mushrooms in miso soup......
So we were there for 40 minutes until we got our food and we all ordered sushi?. I got my miso soup about 6 minutes before the rest of our food.
So next to taste was the "dynamite" roll. I say that in quotations as there was nothing dynamite about it. $6.50+ taxes and it was TINY. any other sushi place i've been too would have classified that as a simple roll and charged $2. It was cold bland and hard. Sushi shouldn't taste like that. Sushi is my FAVORITE dish and have been to dozens of sushi places all over b.c. this was the WORST sushi i've ever had. Not to mention the prices. Next there was the Shrimp tempura. Soggy and limp. The tempura sauce wasn't anywhere near what it's suppose to be. full of garlic and ginger? tempura sauce is suppose to be simple slightly smoky and sweet, not ginger garlic soy sauce. The seating was terrible had to push our way through to get to the till and then push our way out to get back out. I really hope this place gets shut down. over priced. The waitress said "what?" about 20 times trying to take our orders (there was 6 of us) music was too loud and she wasent paying attention. Not to mention we were neglected until our food arrived. which took 40 minutes? it wasent even busy? there was 4 other people and all of them already had their food.....
Oh and on top more than half the menu was "out" so 3 of us had to change our orders completley. All the beer was "out" and half the food was off the menu...

• Visited January 2014
Langley City, Canada
“loved it”
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

Great sushi, loved the funky music, waitress was pleasant and friendly but very busy. Waited quite a long time but it was worth it. Needs more tables! Will definitely eat there next time i visit Nelson

Visited July 2013
Nelson, Canada
“Owner/Chef mistreats his employees”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I would have to give a zero for ambiance. Terrible seating and tables. overlapping music coming from the kitchen into the seating area. Falling paintings off the walls. The food is pretty decent but It really turned me off when i saw the owner/ chef threaten his new sever that she will have to pay for her mistakes! a very loud unpleasant tone, Very superficial and unprofessional.
Heard from more then one staff there that he fired 7 people in one month and steals the servers tips.
Its not right to take advantage of people with jobs in need in this "low employment" town.

LAST PLACE I WOULD RECOMMEND TO GO!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank sara O
“YUM YUM”
Reviewed 8 March 2013

They manage to do both sushi and burgers so well! Unique burgers with delicious sauces... the sushi is tasty and artfully presented. Casual atmosphere, nice sunny (but tiny) patio in the summer. Can call ahead for take-out. I live in Nelson and go at least a couple times a month!

Visited March 2013