“Open the door and let the train through!”

Prestige Inn Nelson
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Nelson
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We were Blocked out of staying at the prestige lakeside due to only staying one night (2 night minimum) on the Long weekend.
So booked this hotel for the stop over.
Looks great on first impression, central location, parking is limited and spots in front are small and tight.
nice decoration and furnishings and reception was pleasent, and they do make you aware the train is near and comes by 2 times a day once in the afternoon and again in the morning....
...er....(4:00am). But goes by in no time and wasn't a real bother.
Check out your room prior to accepting!!!! We did not booked 2 weeks in advance over the phone and recieved the only room with an obstucted view on our floor next to a common area and according the the floor plan one of the smallest.
now some picky points,
a/c unit was small window mount type and was loud and droned with varied pitch. Patio door curtians had a damaged track and missing parts to allow the curtian to close which allowed the patio lights (no off switch) to illuminate your room. Screen door did not operate.
The prestige "lakefront" access that is included for free...Pool etc... is "NOT" just around the corner but on the far side of the adjacent mall so unless your motivated and the weather co-ops is a moot point.
Overall, Bad first impression and won't stay here in the future.

Room Tip: visit the room first. the higher the better, top floor has great view of lake, park and mall parking...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Inn Nelson, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

I am happy we were able to accommodate you on your trip through Nelson. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Our team will be addressing your concerns and we hope that on your next trip we provide you with a much more enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

We liked this hotel; comfortable beds, clean room updated nicely. The staff, especially Daryl, was very helpful, friendly and available. There is no restaurant but we got a breakfast voucher at Prestige Lakeside (hotel, mall & marina just a few minute walk). We would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Inn Nelson, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

It will be my pleasure to pass along you compliments to Daryl and the rest of the team at the Prestige Inn Nelson. We all look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

I liked the outside but the inside does not reflect it. We checked in & decided wanted a balcony room so it cost us $20 to do so, we got to the room and I was severely unimpressed. The elevator stank of old beer, our room was a King "Suite" and there wasn't anything that made me think it deserved a charge of 149.99 a night. Wallpaper was peeling under the bathroom sink & toilet paper wall - holes from where they must have taken out a previous towel hanger. The sheets felt like sandpaper, and the bed was not made well at all. The pillows had no support (super thin). The Air conditioner was SUPER loud & if we turned it off the room was a dry-hot. The train shook the room. And our breakfast vouchers didn't cover their buffet (which re-fill service was going at a glacial pace & we had to go to the other location for). They don't even have so much as a bar on site.

Will not stay again.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this location.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SadBirthday

I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I will be sending you a private message in hopes to get a more detailed review of your stay. In the meantime, I will pass along your concerns to our staff and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 30 July 2012 via mobile

When I first checked into my room the bathroom was still dirty and had wet towels laying around. When I asked for a new clean room I was given a smaller room which surprised because the hotel was mostly empty. The curtain in the room covered the air conditioner which meant the curtain could not be closed at night. The check in was strange too. I asked for a recommendation for supper and was told every place was good and that I was paying a Special rate (does that mean I get special service). The hotel is beside the railroad tracks and yet the hotel clerk said the hotel was very quiet (except for the train horn in the middle of the night. The wifi service was poor when it worked at all. I would not stay at this special hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank David99731

Thank you for your review. I apologize that you did not receive our normal Prestige service. I will be sending you a private message in hopes to get a more detailed review of your stay. In the meantime, I will pass along your concerns to our staff and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

I liked this hotel, it was very clean which is most important to me. The staff was friendly and available, check in was easy. Fair bit of noise from the heavy steps and late night showers from above but can't control that. Loved the area for a nice run on the waterfront in the morning over to their sister property where you can work out and buy a decent coffee in the cafe. I do like to have some amenities like restaurants and gym, but at least they offer this complimentary at the other hotel just down the road. This was the only reason it didn't rate a 5.

Room Tip: try to go top floor
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Inn Nelson, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Our team takes great pride in offering our guests a comfortable stay with the options of further amenities at the Prestige Lakeside Resort. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

The Good - Comfortable bed - 40" flat screen - coffee and fridge in room - fabulous view off of the balcony - 30% senior discount - free wifi and parking - quiet except for the - Not so good the train track is 30' behind the hotel 1 in the evening and 1 between 1 to 5 Am whistle blowing tracks a rumbeling - IT WILL WAKE YOU UP

Room Tip: Getthe balcony room sk for the discount
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Inn Nelson, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2012

Thank you for posting your review. I am happy that you enjoyed your room and the view. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

Good rooms with great views. The restaurant is quite good and there are many more a short walk away (uptown). The lakeside setting is very tranquil.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business