“The "BEST OF THE BEST" in Nelson!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nelson
Willow Point Beach House B&B
Ranked #6 of 13 Nelson B&B and Inns
Vernon, BC
“The "BEST OF THE BEST" in Nelson!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

What a wonderful Bed & Breakfast! I stayed here while visiting my daughter for Easter. I had a such a beautiful drive to Nelson and then I arrive at this amazing Bed and Breakfast and wonder how things could get any better!! I am greeted by Maureen, who is such a lovely lady. Maureen shows me to "The Bear Suite" and it is so cozy. Not only is the suite cozy and inviting, but so is the deck with the AMAZING view! They also have an amazing beach area. Definitely one of the best beaches in the area! The kitchen was great to have as well. Maureen had fresh cream in the fridge ready for your tea or coffee, which was also supplied. I had such a fun and relaxing stay. Lots of walks in the warm sunshine with my daughter and then a comfy nights sleep in my suite.

Maureen, Len, and their daughter Dawn are wonderful people and it was an absolute pleasure to meet them and stay at such a welcoming B&B.

Thanks Maureen! I can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: Each suite is the same, so you can't go wrong!!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Okanagangang

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Golden, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

What an excellent B&B Maureen puts on!
The setting on Kootenay Lake inlet into Nelson, BC is just gorgeous!
Not to mention some of the best home cooking I've had for quite a while.
I stayed on a business trip for 2 nights, and even though I called the afternoon of the day I wanted to check in, she had it all ready for me to come in.
Thanks for the great stay! I'll recommend to all my groups and anyone else.
Will be staying here again for sure : )

Room Tip: No swimming "pool" but you wallk out onto the beach with Kootenay Lake right there. Couldn...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Eden Y
Deerfield Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2012

We spent 8 glorious days there in September and loved everything about it. The apartment was roomy and comfortable, and having the kitchen made it great for cooking at home if you want to, The views (day and night) are gorgeous, and I've never seen so many stars in my life. If you want to just hang at the beach a day or two, you caan do that as well, We enjoyed coming home in the afternoon after a busy day hiking and just lying by the lake relaxing till dinner. We didn't get to experience the "breakfast" part of the B&B as we opted out of it, but it would have been great to sit on the porch, eat breakfast and watch the sun rise over the mountain and lake. We're from south Florida, so we probably want be back, but I highly recommend this little gem, and this beautiful area of BC.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

Just returned from a three day holiday at the Willow Point Beach House just outside Nelson. Would strongly recommend it! The accommodation consists of two nearly identical units side by side, that had everything we needed including a small kitchen. The decor was warm, inviting, and homey. The arrangement worked extremely well for a visit with some close friends of ours who rented the second unit. The large deck, overlooking the lake and a gorgeous, sandy beach, was the perfect place to sit in the evening and drink some wine while enjoying the view. The breeze from the lake and the abundance of windows resulted in a comfortable temperature at all times.

We would like to thank our gracious hosts, Maureen and Len, who made us feel very welcome, and made our holiday all that much more enjoyable. I particularly appreciated the attention to detail in the unit, with some coffee available, cream in the fridge, a hair dryer, extra blanket, etc. The breakfasts were both delicious and substantial. Particularly enjoyed the eggs benedict and fresh fruit.

Maureen, who originally comes from Yorkshire, even took the time to provide me some information for the trip to England we are planning for next year. She also was knowledgeable about the restaurants and activities available in Nelson.

Being outside Nelson meant for a quiet, scenic setting, more than compensating for the short drive in and out of town. Guests also have access to comfortable lawn chairs with umbrellas set up on the private beach. We had a refreshing swim in the very clean lake water, a contrast to the less pristine waters found off the town beach.

We were very pleased with our stay and plan to be back.

Room Tip: The two units available are almost identical. Either one would be an excellent choice.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank chancer60
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

This was our second stay. Last year in July over the long weekend and this year over the August long weekend. The fact that we returned and are already booked in for next year says it all.
Len and Maureen are one in a million hosts. The best 2 course breakfast and the best Italian Coffee. Eating and drinking on your own deck looking at beautiful Kootenay Lake, there are very few places that beat it.
This year we barely went into the town of Nelson. With the accommodation offering everything you require to eat, sleep and wash there was only a need to go to town to buy some groceries and an iced Chai. We relaxed on the beach and enjoyed our morning canoe ride each day. We stayed for 3 nights but could easily stayed for more. With a south facing beach you have the sun all day. The water is refreshing but this is exactly what you require after baking in the Kootenay heat plus it warms up as the summer goes on.
There is no reason to hesitate to book with Len and Maureen. No need to ponder on whether you should book or not. Just book it! You will not regret it!
Have an amazing stay and thank you Len and Maureen for awesome summer memories.

Room Tip: Both the rooms are exactly the same. Both have amazing south facing lake view
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

We stayed here 2 nights and had a most enjoyable stay. The room is quite large with a full kitchen to use. The bed is queen size and comfortable as well. The bathroom is small and only has a shower which is adequate. The place is clean and has a nice sitting room area as well. There is a covered porch which looks out at the lake area and the beach. Really very beautiful and the water is nice and clean. Maureen served a wonderful breakfast which she brings to you on the porch while you gaze at the beautiful view. The first morning we had pancakes and eggs benedict with juice and coffee. Very filling and delicious. The next morning we had lots of fruits and a great frittata and toast. Everything was great. A wonderful place for young children as well. I would stay there again. It is a bit pass Nelson, but with a car we found it very easy to go into town and lots of parking in the downtown. Very quiet for sleeping and wonderful hosts.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Sadkatoon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

My wife and I stayed at the beach house with our two little girls (3 months and 2 years old). The beach was amazing. As was breakfast.

The hosts were very friendly and knowledgeable.

I would strongly recommend this b&b.

• Stayed August 2012