“Brunch was Amazing!”

The Library Lounge
Ranked #3 of 100 Restaurants in Nelson
Price range: US$10 - US$31
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Hume Hotel has three different food outlets to eat in that offer the same menu and a vast array of food. A family restaurant called the General Store, an intimate fireside lounge featuring live jazz called the Library Lounge or a lively, old English-style bar called Mike's Place Pub. We cook up amazing steaks, pastas, seafood, the '100 Mile Burger', sandwiches, salads and homemade desserts. There is a full Gluten-Free menu available. We are also known for a legendary Sunday Brunch that goes from 11am - 2pm every Sunday. We are popular for our consistency, generous portions, food quality and reasonable prices all to be enjoyed in a character atmosphere that was built in 1898. There is no place like the Hume.
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We had Sunday brunch with another couple friend. It was amazing. The eggs Benadict were some of the best we ever had. The tater tots were shockingly addictive and the potato pancakes were so good. Those who say there is no choice must be exceptionally picky. There was a group in front of us who were Vegitarians and the staff custom cooked items for them. Great service and amazing food :)

Ryan M, General Manager at The Library Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

You are right. There is nothing like eating those tasty little tater tots on a Sunday Brunch. I have grown up in this hotel and that is one standard that has never changed. I always pile them on my plate. I just love them. Thank you.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

The staff were kind, funny and interesting. The food was good. Great combination! Have to say though, a trip to the Kootenays isn't complete without a bowl of borscht and the Hume Hotel serves the best I have tasted!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

This was my second visit here. .The food is excellent and the atmosphere is great. Definitely will go back on next trip. Waitress was very friendly.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

The last week of July i was on vacation in Nelson and had been told to try the restaurant at the Hume Hotel. I am so glad i did. My server Sydney's smile just lit up the room. She was so polite, and genuinely seemed enthusiastic about making my experience there one that I would not forget. Well Sydney i will not forget, thanks for an extremely memorable evening.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Was really disappointed in the main dining room. Sure its a historic hotel but just walk in see it and go eat somewhere else. Food was just ok. Our server was not great. My mum asked for more extra dip and she forgot to come back to see if its possible. She forgot the entrée for the lady next to us. Her family had almost completed their meals before she ever came back to the table and noticed she didn't have a meal. The table behind us had a couple who ordered two different wines. She brought the gentleman's and forgot the lady's.

Wouldn't go back and would not recommend. Was expecting a lot more.

1  Thank VicBCRes
Ryan M, General Manager at The Library Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

On behalf of the entire team here I want to sincerely apologize for the lack of service you received. We have a relatively new server in our restaurant that is still training and on this particular night, we gave her too many tables to properly give that excellent Hume Hotel service that we are known for. Thanks for bringing in to our attention and for giving us a try.