“Excellent food, service and interesting surroundings”
Review of The Library Lounge

The Library Lounge
Ranked #2 of 95 Restaurants in Nelson
Price range: US$10 - US$31
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Drinks, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Hume Hotel has three different food outlets to eat in that offer the same menu and a vast array of food. A family restaurant called the General Store, an intimate fireside lounge featuring live jazz called the Library Lounge or a lively, old English-style bar called Mike's Place Pub. We cook up amazing steaks, pastas, seafood, the '100 Mile Burger', sandwiches, salads and homemade desserts. There is a full Gluten-Free menu available. We are also known for a legendary Sunday Brunch that goes from 11am - 2pm every Sunday. We are popular for our consistency, generous portions, food quality and reasonable prices all to be enjoyed in a character atmosphere that was built in 1898. There is no place like the Hume.
Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent food, service and interesting surroundings”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We were staying in Nelson at the Hume Hotel for 2 days. On the second night my brother suggested the Library Restaurant in the hotel. I was hesitant as it looked a bit pub like, somewhat old/dark and I wanted a really good meal. Trip Advisor reviews influenced us to go, and we were not let down.

The server helped us choose a red wine, which was incredible. The meal itself was perfectly cooked - every piece attended to well. And the new gluten free menu meant I had so many options. Dessert was a gluten free hazelnut torte that was to die for, and didn't taste "gluten free" (which is a challenge). I could also have had mousse - multiple options - which I really appreciated.

There was a jazz duet playing, and the server was attentive, informative but not intrusive.

Give this lovely gem a whirl - and enjoy the ornate/creative architectural elements as well.

• Visited July 2014

“Awesome Every Time”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My husband and I,our friends and well, everyone around here knows, their food is consistently on point. In all our years of living here, we have never had a problem with any of our meals. Their connection with their customers, new or old, is stellar, as is their quality of food and service.

Fort McMurray, Canada
“Charming!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We loved this place. It is an old hotel that has been lovingly cared for. Rich wood mouldings and trim throughout. I had seen pictures online and they do NOT do it justice. We had dinner there one night, and the food and service were both good.

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mikes Place- a little gem spot”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I recently had a fantastic evening with friends from Victoria. Great selection of local beer and the pizza was some of the best I have had in quite a while. The service was also great and did not wait at all for refills or food. The servers were friendly, especially Jill, she seemed to know the menu in and out and even recommended other things to do while in town. Two thumbs up from a happy foodie.

1 Thank Mark F
Calgary
“Great Restaurant”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had dinner in the Library and the food and service were both top notch. Good quality food with reasonable prices makes it a good value. The night we ate there they had a two piece jazz band which was a bonus. I would recommend this eatery