“Accommodating and awesome especially on hockey nights!”

Uptown Sports Bar @New Grand Hotel
Ranked #46 of 100 Restaurants in Nelson
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Great service and a super sports bar for hockey fans. Grant was especially helpful. Love the jersey give away on Vancouver games. Free wifi is a plus!

Reviewed 24 February 2013

Loved the staff...VERY accommodating! But, unfortunately my evening of delicious food was not so great! First, the rice pasta, although on the menu, was not available...boo! Second, the caesar salad was like soup, way too much dressing, I actually could not finish it! Third, I ordered the Mushroom truffle risotto...which comes with fresh herbs, truffle oil, and shitake mushrooms. Although moneys mushrooms are tasty, they are not a substitute for the main mushroom ingredient, which I could not find anywhere in the "risotto" or white rice like what was in my bowl. Very disappointed! Will not eat here again!

Rob_Little, Manager at Uptown Sports Bar @New Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

Dear Amie C,

Thank you for your review of our establishment. Obviously with your visit we fell well short of our usual standard. We are known in the Nelson area for our exceptional food quality, and am shocked by these comments. I have no excuse for you but to say that this is by no means our usual standard. I will be addressing all of your concerns with our Kitchen team, and sincerely hope you will give us the opportunity to make things right on your next visit. I would be more than happy to offer you a credit for all of the items ordered, as we guarantee our product. Just private message me or send me an email, as I would like some additional detail to your visit, if it isn't too inconvenient. Specifically, the time of day and date you visited. On a positive note, I am pleased that you were pleased with our service staff, and thank you for those kind words.

Reviewed 29 January 2013

We loved it here- good service, tasty and good value food, good atmosphere! We will be returning for sure :)

Reviewed 12 January 2013

In a group of four, we had beverages that seemed never to be filled. We actually had to go to the bar, where we had some luck wetting our whistles, but not much. The food although delicious came late, and was brought to our table by a food runner who told us he couldn't fill our drink orders. Our group had Two waitress vist our table, so we weren't sure who was to blame for our spotty service. The staff in the bar seemed bored, even though they had tables to attend to, they seemed more inclined to yell like little children and use offensive language.

1  Thank Nigel W
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I agree with the last review, the price of their house wine is over the top. This is a sports bar not a fancy restuarant and their drink prices should reflect the location. If I wanted to pay the high prices for a glass of wine, I would suggest a nicer location.

Rob_Little, Manager at Uptown Sports Bar @New Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2013

Dear JMBNelson,

As I mentioned in the review you were commenting on. There is obviously a miscommunication here, as we offer 20 different house wines by the glass. Our base house wine is priced at $5.25/glass, which is competitive with everywhere else in town. We have a large clientele that enjoy higher end options, so for this we are happy to provide this for them. If you are a wine drinker in our pub, please feel free to ask our server for a wine list, and you will be able to see that our prices are very competitive, and our options contain some great award winning wines. True we are a sports bar, but we still believe in offering quality products to our guests as well as price sensitive options. Thank you again for your review. It is sincerely appreciated.

Rob Little