“Seriously, give it a read or give it a try..this place is super cool!”

Mistiso's Place Vacation Rentals
Reviewed 3 June 2011

Do yourself a favor and check out Mistiso's place, it is truly a gem! Walk into a cottage feel with a quintessential town like Nelson at your doorstep. Everything you need is within it's walls, what are you waiting for? Give this place a try! I have been going back to this tucked away beauty for over 4 years now, seriously, it is really sweet. You will be blown away. The best value for your money bar none. Bear claw tubs, comfy couches with plenty of natural light, complimentary hand woven wool slippers, c'mon, need I go on. One of the most unique experiences, try it for yourself. Then you can send a review similar to mine with plenty of enthusiasm too, Ha! Love it, see ya.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Mistisa, Owner at Mistiso's Place Vacation Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

It’s always good to hear that our guests love Mistiso’s! We truly love to have you come back time and time again. It’s like having old friends come back for a visit. Thank you so much!

Reviewed 30 May 2011

I did quite a bit of research for a place to stay in Nelson. In the end, for the price of a nice hotel room in town, I was able to get a whole apartment with everything I needed. The location is great and central, and there is off the street parking. I had a full kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, dining area, living area with a futon if I needed the extra bed space. Maria was friendly and helpful. The suite was comfortable and cozy. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo

We really do love making our guests as comfortable as possible. And we love to have our guests return for another visit! Thank you so much! Best regards until next time!

Reviewed 15 April 2011

Mistos's is not a chain. It's not on the highway. It's not a hotel. It's not a B&B. It's not a hostel. It's not room service. It's not a pool with a slide.

And that's just fine by me.

Mistos's is private. It's beautiful. It feels like home. It's peacful. It's romantic. It's a hidden gem.

My wife and I spent a lovely night there this April. We loved how easy Maria was to deal with before we arrived. We loved that there is no front desk to deal with and that it was so comftorable and inviting.

We highly recommend Mistiso's --- infact my parents will be staying there for a week in May! And we will be back sooner than later.

It's awesome. You won't regret it.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank roakleyca

We’re happy that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us! Your words warm our hearts! We love to know that our guests feel at home when they stay with us. Thank you for choosing Mistiso’s Place. We sure hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 April 2011

Mistiso's place was a great place to stay in Nelson. Close enough to walk to all amenities downtown but far enough to have no noise issues. The Silver King suite is tastefully decorated and very spacious for 2 people. Off street parking is a nice bonus as well.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2011

Our group has been adventuring together for decades. We do backcountry skiing most years, but we planned to mostly ski in the Whitewater ski area itself this year.

Because the ski area itself has no lodging, a drive is always involved. Hence, we based ourselves in downtown Nelson, close to "the action" in town. So it was ironic that we spent far more money in Nelson's grocery stores than in its restaurants. With two suites connected on the bottom floor to contain our group, we ate every dinner and every breakfast "in", enjoying our time together as a group. The kitchens were excellent.

Nelson is a really intriguing place. There is a lot going on that has nothing to do with tourism, so it definitely has the feel of a real town, rather than something created. The setting on the lake is spectacular. Mistiso's is right at the boundary between commercial and residential, and you get the advantages of each. Nice place, and as the group leader, it was easy to work with Maria.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Mistisa, Owner at Mistiso's Place Vacation Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2011

To the GTS gang...Not only did we enjoy having you stay with us at Mistiso’s Place, we are honoured that you chose us to be a part of your winter holiday memories. We hope the joy and merriment that you experienced here will entice you to wander back to the Kootenays someday soon, and allow us to make your next stay just as memorable. THANK YOU and looking forward to your next visit. Maria and staff.

Reviewed 9 March 2011

Mistiso's place was an amazing stay. My wife and I were given the stay as a gift from family so we were booked in sight unseen.

Both my wife and I were pleasently surprised with the accomidations. The sleeping quaters are spacious, the entire place was immaculate, and the service from the owner was exceptional.

I remember having one small problem with the door lock when we checked in (user error) and it was quite late that I had to phone Maria. Despite the time she promptly returned my call and was pleasent the entire time.

I will 100% stay here again when I am in Nelson. A place like this reminds you of home and less of a hotel then anything I've ever seen before.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2011

After much research, we chose Mistiso's place. We stayed in the Purcell Suite and were very pleased. We liked the idea of a private suite. The pictures of the suite do not do it justice. It is wonderful. Maria was very accommodating with our 2 yr old son. She had a booster seat waiting for us and offered a play pen as well. It is close to town and in warmer weather would have been an easy walk. Great park super close-our son loved it. For what you are getting-the price is very reasonable. We would have no doubts what so ever about choosing Mistiso's place again. I imagine all the suites would be great. The only down side is that we were able to hear our neighbors fairly easily and I imagine they were able to hear our son as well-hard to keep a toddler quiet.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family