“Great Sleep!”

Best Western Plus Mission City Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mission
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Stayed for 2 nights at the property. Staff were excellent - kind and helpful. Room was clean and beds were extremely comfy. Furnishings were a little dated but in good shape and no flat screen (older style TV). Pool and hot tub facilities were very good. My only negative was that the complimentary breakfast was just okay...we were there at 9:15am both mornings (closes at 10am) and they ran out of the egg option one day and the pasteries were almost gone both days and limited fruit.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 February 2012

My experience was very good. The only thing that marred it was the neglect of the front desk at check in advising what is included in the continental breakfast. I have not been to a hotel in years where sausage and eggs, or a bacon/egg wrap were on the menu of choice. So we showed up closer to the end of the breakfast hour, thinking we would only be getting cereal, fruit, toast, that sort of thing. Otherwise, after a night out with the girls, we could have used a nice hearty breakfast. One of those perks you tell all your friends about, you know. Enjoyed the heated pool and the hot tub also.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Diane C
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I booked this at short notice as I decided to take an early train into Vancouver rather than drive through a predicted snow storm. The member of staff who handled the booking was very helpful as was the person on check in. The room I was given was at the end of the building on the 3rd floor and was very, very cold. I rang the front desk who told me to turn the heater up to max and the room would warm up in 10 minutes. Rather than wait in the cold I went to the restaurant for a coffee, came back 30 minutes later and found the room as cold as I had left it. I was then moved by a very apologetic receptionist to another third floor room that was equally chilly. By this point I was not only cold but tired - the corridors were warm - why not the rooms? I finally ended up in a room on the second floor and by propping open the door and turning on the bathroom heater I reached a point where I could remove my winter jacket. I mentioned this not very welcoming experience the next morning at check out and was told that I should have requested that the heating be put on in my room prior to my arrival?! (I did get a good nights sleep and got my train so it wasn't a total waste of money.)

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JaneE1956
Reviewed 19 January 2012

The Best Western is the best hotel in Mission - also basically the only one. I was perfectly happy with my room and the staff until the internet and TV service vanished. Shaw is the service provider. I don't know how often this happens and I don't care about no TV, but as a business traveler internet accessibility is critical for me. Otherwise everything was fine - there is even a window that opens, which is often not the case at Best Westerns. Although I didn't use either, there is a restaurant/bar and pool/fitness area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the main floor, at least some of them, have direct access to the outside, which is convenie...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2011

Originally planned to stay 3 nights and ended up staying 4. The room was great. Clean with a very comfortable bed and pillows. The room was very quiet, no road or neighbor noise. Nice flat screen with cable and free wi-fi. The pool, jacuzzi and sauna were definitely enjoyable and stayed open late so we were really able to enjoy it! The staff was exceptional!!! From the manager to the housekeepers everyone was available at all times to answer our questions, provide information and recommendations and fill all of our needs. The on site Restaurant/lounge was a great place for a cocktail and a bite to eat. My fiancee and I travel ALOT and have stayed everywhere from cabins to Villas and Chateaus and I must say this hotel provided us with the caliber of service usually only seen at the higher end resorts. I would definitely recommend them.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2011

this is the 2nd year we have stayed here while salmon fishing on the Stave river nearby. Everything about the hotel is good and we'll say here next year too.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 October 2011

The hotel itself is everything one would expect from a Best Western... However, it is the staff and manager that make this hotel top notch! Regardless of what circumstances arise and what needs we had as customers, the staff and manager were extra courteous and helpful. Just can't say enough how pleased we were with everyone. A big thank you to everyone who made the extra effort not only for our stay but for help in booking our next hotel as well.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mission
Best Western Plus Regency Inn & Conference Centre
BROOKSIDE INN Boutique Hotel
#1 of 13 in Abbotsford
Sandman Hotel & Suites Abbotsford
Sandman Hotel Abbotsford Airport

Been to Best Western Plus Mission City Lodge? Share your experiences!