“Nice people but....”

Captains Cabin Neighbourhood
Ranked #54 of 106 Restaurants in Mission
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Well I popped into the captains for lunch as read reviews and like to make my own mind up....people were great and friendly but sorry the food was run of the mill deep fried out of a packet and the outdated decor needs attention....this could be a great place as the location is ideal right on the river..come on serve some fresh food and make this what it could be and people will flock!!

1  Thank vallentyne

Reviewed 24 February 2013

We have lived in Mission for 2 years and I am upset I had not discovered this little gem until now! It is by far the best pub/restaurant that we have been to yet- I cannot say that about the entire menu but the atmosphere was great!

The waitress told us the pub has been there for 30 years and it had many little nautical touches that were not tacky- they looked very genuine and the whole place was inviting. The waitress was very sweet, even brought over the "joke of the evening" for us to read- something like that can only be found in a smaller community.

We really liked the wings- something that we have not found much in BC: good wings! So we were thrilled. We happened to stop in on a Sunday and there is a "live jam session" which was so great! Very good blues/rock style music, quite a few talented people and it was very enjoyable.

The only negative that I can say is that the salt and pepper wings were seasoned with "table" salt and pepper- not exactly preferred but the hot wings were super. As we were there on a Sunday it was even more awesome that the wings were half price!

There looked to be a very large patio, will be a great place for the summer nights- it over looks where the boats are docked, something that is pretty neat when you are from the prairies!

We will definitely be back and look forward to taking our visitors and friends there as well ;)

1  Thank meaganhamilton
Reviewed 14 February 2013

First time to this pub and was pleasantly suprised. The atmosphere was casual and relaxing while the food and service were very good. I had the lunch special of soup and sandwich which was excellent value.

Reviewed 10 November 2012

I just met a coworker of mine for a few drinks. Really enjoyed the atmosphere. It was a happy medium where everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves and very casual, friendly and laid back. The waitress was a very nice person. Saturday is a good time to go there, as mini pitchers are only about $7. Pretty good to have a special like that on a weekend. I will certainly visit again.

1  Thank Tony I
Reviewed 2 August 2011

The service and food was great, location was great (watch the boats go by).
Wife had burger, I had nacho's and a burger, felt it was good value for the money.

3  Thank tripbugbc1