“This is NOT Quality.”

Quality Inn Merritt
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Merritt
“This is NOT Quality.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

This is a very old motel with some tired updates. The bathroom tub mat had stains on it. The room was quite bright and clean. I liked the shower and the continental plus breakfast was quite adequate.
I could hear every word of conversation between the couple in the next room.
No, I would not go back there.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Tombassinger
fullhouseMerritt_BC, Manager at Quality Inn Merritt, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Hi there,

This is Han, General Manager of Quality Inn Merritt.
I saw your review that you wrote down about the issues in you room that you stayed. First of all i want to do apologize about it, and we are planing to repaint all the bath tubs that have some stains on it.
we already made an appointment with bath tub company on April.
I am so sorry again that you were not satisfied to stay with us the other day.
I will make sure everything will be clean and perfect when you come over here next time.
and what i would like to ask your favor is to check three pictures that you put on the website.
there is a picture showing the A/C, it looks like totally diffrent from ours,
so could you do me a favor to check that picture and can you delete it if it is wrong,
we do not have like that heating and curtain as well.

Once again thank you for staying with us and i am really sorry about that issues,

Thank you for your corperation.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Coquitlam, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

I've tried staying in many of the hotels in Merritt, but I find this hotel to be one of the better hotels. The rate was better than the other hotel. To top if off, the breakfast and swimming pool was awesome! I really enjoyed staying in this Inn, and I strongly recommend travellers to come to this great hotel. I remember coming to this place years ago when it was labelled Best Western, but there has been many positive changes, like renovation. The washrooms are clean, and the beds are soft. Truly worth the price of the room, and the Chinese restaurant is amazingly good.

Room Tip: The rooms in the exterior corridors are much more cosy compared to the rooms in the other building.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank gotyler
Golden, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stayed here for the one night and was very pleasantly surprised. They have just done a refurb with lots of new stuff in the rooms inc new mattresses which were very comfortable. What I really liked was the Air con / Heater by LG that was very quiet indeed, so I had a great nights sleep. Also liked the price $89.00 for the night inc breakfast. And talking about breakfast, that too was better than expected. Needless to say I will now be staying at the Quality Inn, the next time I break down in Merritt.

Room Tip: The Chinese next door is good for food.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank andy c
Port Moody, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Located 1 minute drive from the Hwy 5 ramp, we stayed two nights in room 105. The two queen beds were very comfortable, the room was well maintained and finished for a Motel type property. There was no noticeable road noise. The price was reasonable - $96 plus taxes. There is an indoor pool and a restaurant ( in a seperate building). both of which we did not use during our stay. A very pleasant surprise in terms of quality for a "stopover" area location.

Room Tip: Our room 105 was ground floor, with parking directly opposite door, No noticeable noise during our s...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank rmcda1
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

We needed a place to bunk overnight. I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. It was recently updated - actually still undergoing renovations. The room was quiet and well appointed for this price range. The bed was comfortable, though I would like to see both firm and soft pillows. The soft, if there were any, weren't quite soft enough for my taste. The TV had a lot of channels. There was a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker in the room.

Oddly enough, my only comment, other than the pillows, would be to add a second trash can in the room. There is only one in the bathroom and it is a pain to walk in there every time you want to throw something away.

I also want to commend the hotel on putting in QUIET heat/air conditioners. I've been in hotels where they were so loud you couldn't sleep. These are quiet and efficient.

The Chinese restaurant next to the hotel is also good for a bite to eat and there are other fast food and restaurants nearby as well as a Walmart.

I'd recommend this hotel for travelers through the area and would stay here again if I am ever back in Merritt.

Room Tip: We had a room in the little building in the back. I liked it. It was cute and there is a little co...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank XQU
Sherwood Park, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

Hotel doing upgrading construction on outside. Noise during our stay was nil, we arrived at about 6 pm and left following morning by 9 as workers just arriving. Room was as expected for this price of hotel however had a nice new large flat screen t v. Also hotel provided a fairly nice hot breakfast , waffles eggs, sausage , buns cereal, fruit, juices, and a fairly decent cup of coffee

Motel is easy to find and not to far to get back on highway However motel far enough way to be quiet

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank murman3
Inverkip, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

One night stay on a road trip around B.C. This place is a little out of town but that is not a bad thing as its nice and quiet.Very pleasant reception and given good recommendations for places to eat nearby ( there is a Chinese on site) we ended up at the pub close by which was a 10 minute walk. Room was a decent size , very clean and comfortable .Bath and shower like wise. Didn't use the pool or spa. Breakfast is the help yourself plenty of cereal ,buns,fruit and coffee. Well worth the money .

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tim P
fullhouseMerritt_BC, Front Desk Supervisor at Quality Inn Merritt, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Thank you for giving us a good review. We at Quality Inn, Merritt love to hear, or in this case Read, from our guest that they were happy guests when they were staying with us.
We do hope, if ever travelling around BC again, and Merritt is a stop over for you, the Quality Inn will be your first choice.
Have a great day