“Waitresses are pretty crappy!”

Grand Pub and Grill
Ranked #17 of 44 Restaurants in Merritt
Price range: US$6 - US$17
Cuisines: American
Description: We are your Hometown Hospitality Specialists offering casual dining with a "Cheers" style. We are good food, not fast food especially on premium specialty days when our famous features are offered - Thursday nights & Sunday mornings, in particular. Our atmosphere is turn of the century pioneer, where you can watch all your fav'rit sports on our many tv's. Children are welcome with their parents or guardians. We offer a full food menu complimented by a huge back bar featuring cocktails, mocktails, large wine selection, 6 taps of draft and a large selection of beers, ciders & coolers. Kitchen closes Sunday at 9. Friday at 11 pm and all other days at 10 pm. We also cater lunches, dinners, meetings & banquets of all styles and will design a menu to your liking. We are told that portions are ample and the prices are in line. So we welcome you and hope you enjoy your experience. If you don't, the management welcomes your comments at your earliest convenience.
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Waitresses walk by numerous times without asking how your drinks are and one actually waved me away with with her hand.

1  Thank Deeds76
GrandPub, Manager at Grand Pub and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2015

Hey Deeds!

Thanks for this review. I do believe we have addressed this situation with you IN HOUSE but...
it's been awhile since you wrote this review but I'm hoping you will write an up-date just to let us know if it's been addressed to your satisfaction.

Dana Egan

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Food was good and service fine. By the time we got settled in to our motel and went looking for somewhere to eat, it was getting late so were surprised that the selection and quality of food was still good.

GrandPub, Owner at Grand Pub and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate knowing that my staff continues to represent good service esp while I'm out of town. Look forward to meeting you next time you are in. Dana

Reviewed 6 February 2014

The Grand catered our Business after Business on Thursday. Their appetizers were delicious. The fruit kabobs with the chocolate covered strawberries on them were a hit. I would definitely get them to cater another event for our business. Dana and Staff were great!

1  Thank BCVCMerritt

Thank you for taking the time to comment here. We were happy to have had the opportunity to cater your event & look forward to another opportunity to be of assistance in the future. Dana

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Food is good here for pub food but the Steaks are to die for! Good vibs in here friendly people. Good service.

1  Thank talashea

Happy to hear that you love the Douglas Lake AAA Canadian Beef steaks we are now serving. Look forward to another opportunity to serve you in the future! Dana

Reviewed 4 October 2013

While in the area I had the misfortune to visit this establishment for an evening meal.

I am bit going to waste too much time in thus as it really does not deserve it, although I am happy to agree it may have just been the server we were assigned.

Drinks were order which took time to arrive if on occasion at all. Food was ordered but tables who arrived some 30 minutes after us received there's before us and when asked for an update we were told kitchen was busy but all made no sense.

Overall terrible experience and doubt I would go back in near future if I was back in the area.

I believe I have commented on this review already but if it over looked - my apologies. Being neglected when you choose to dine anywhere is inexcusable After reading this review back in October, I dealt with your comments & concerns & that server no Longer works for me. We have systems in place to deal with kitchen back orders when it gets extremely busy & that server neglected to use them. Hope you understand & that you will give us another chance on the future. Identify yourselves by showing my staff this review and your tripadvisor name & receive a free appy or dessert. Dana