“Pretty Good!”

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Merritt
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Pretty Good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

We stayed here only for a night, in fact from evening to early morning just to crash. Actually we got a suite, which is unusual for a motel, with full size fridge, ovens, microwave, and coffee maker for a small town like Merritt. It has living room with couch and TV and a very small bedroom with not much room to walk around. The bedroom had a cloth hanger which came in the way of moving over to other side of the bed, and I actually bumped my head into it when I got up in the night for bathroom. Kind of strange why a hanger needs to be there when the living room already has one.

Somehow we felt a twin bed single but bigger room would have been better than a suite, where both rooms are small and not much space to move around. Overall, it was not a bad motel for crashing a night.

Room Tip: If you end up taking the suite, please be mindful of the hanger in the bedroom.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Intown Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
Hi there,

It was an absolute pleasure hosting you for your one night stay in Merritt, and welcome you back anytime in the future!

We are aware of the odd layout of that particular room, as we do have renovations planned in the near future, the room in question will certainly be addressed to better accommodate future and return customers needs.

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

I telephoned the hotel to confirm the amenities and was told they served a continental breakfast with juice, fruit, cereals, toast, muffins and perhaps waffles if it was busy. Upon arrival there were about 4 muffins sitting out. The next morning we think the same muffins were still there along with a couple of apples. The clerk was also rather rude when asked about the breakfast and said that was it!

Although the hotel advertised that it was recently renovated, it had old furniture and the bathrooms were dirty and smelly. We cancelled the next night and went to a Best Western in town which only cost $5.00 more and was excellent with clean rooms, a wonderful breakfast, swimming pool, etc.

We really do hate being lied to by staff members (or perhaps it was the owner).

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Hi there,

Sorry to hear of your less then satisfying stay at our property.

As I cannot speak for your prior experience as the hotel is now under new management, I can assure you our breakfast consists of everything you had been told of when you first contacted the hotel.

Our hotel was built in 2-phases, so there is an older part and newer part of the building, for future reference mention you'd like to be in one of the newer rooms and we will be sure to accommodate your request!

Travellers are raving about these Merritt hotels

victoria
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

It wasn't the Hilton my any means, but it was a room for the night, we did get complimentary breakfast in the morning, but we decided to hit Tims for breakfast instead. We enjoyed the hot tub after our shopping excursion, although the pool area is very dated and needs some work. It was cheap, check in was easy, and it was only for the night, and for 80 dollars I wasn't expecting much and I was fine with that, after all it is the off season. Never encountered any bed bugs though, it was just a basic room and the bed was super comfortable!

*S*

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
While this is a more then gracious review...

It has been placed on the wrong hotel, I suspect this may be the cause as to why so many guests are surprised our hotel does not have a pool or hot tub upon arrival!

We would love to have you stay at our property in the future as you sound like a wonderful guest!
Victoria, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2011

We booked our stay at this hotel in Jan/Feb 2011. It appeared to have what we were looking for with a group booking. After our booking it was discovered there was a big bike rally in town that weekend as well. When we got to the hotel we were informed that the continental breakfast that was part of the booking was NOT included d/t the Bike Rally. We did not receive any refund or discount but a 10% off coupon for the restaurant across the street. No one in our group of 24 was impressed with this additional cost. Others in our group received larger rooms at a lesser price - not consistent at all.

All the rooms all had a smell to them. The room was clean, very basic, air conditioner was loud, shower was pitiful with minimal water out put. Asked for a later check out and was told we had till 11 AM to either be out or book another night. Location for the venue activities was excellent - all within walking distance.

Room Tip: perhaps check online for better pricing even with a group booking
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank TMcFadyen
david_klaue, Manager at Intown Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 28 January 2012
Thank you for addressing your concerns. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that through your comments we now have properly trained staff to address all concerns reguarding provisions and amenities.

In an effort to compensate you for your experience, we would like to invite you back to our property and experience our new improvements. When calling to make the reservation, please ask for me and I will personally assist you.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologise for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

If I can provide any other assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 250-378-4291 .

Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2011

For the price, which is competitive with the newer motels at the north end of Voght St, you don't get the same value. It's an older building, sign out front says "remodeled" but our room was definitely out of another era.

Room was small.

Walls are pretty thin. Plumbing from the adjoining rooms is loud!

TV was cranky ... older model, semi functioning remote.

Arguably the bed was OK, the carpet was clean, and the full kitchenette was a plus (we had been told just a bar fridge).

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple

Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2010

We checked in at 7:08pm and Checked out by 12:30am!!!! We stayed one of thier suites, 2 bedrooms, small kitchen, and a living area. We have a family of 2 boys and 2 girls plus parents, the 2 boys where in one room and the 2 girls started in the other. We where moving the girls to the futon in the livingroom at about 12:00am so we could get to bed and guess what, BED BUGS!!!! Called the front desk with no answer about 30 times rang the night bell 10 times no answer finally my husband banged on the door an the "general Manager" came. We did get a refund and but not even an I'm sorry. So there we are with no hotel room 4 very tired and upset kids and now have to clean EVERYTHING!!! BEWARE STAYING THERE!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank TravelQueen1201
Thank you for addressing your concerns. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that through your comments we now have monthly visits from our pest management provider.

edmonton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2010

it was ok... we paid $80 so what can you expect for 80? it had a nice table and a fridge. cable was available and was across the street from a liquor store. room was small and many things seemed like they were about the break. our toilet didnt really work. we were just passing through and didnt expect much.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple