“Great real food cooked to order”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hitching Post

Hitching Post
Ranked #7 of 43 Restaurants in Merritt
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Merritt, Canada
“Great real food cooked to order”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Always get a great meal, hot, generous and made from scratch. Service is prompt, friendly and atmosphere is genuine. Love this place.

Visited June 2014

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“The biggest burger I've ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Great service, the beef burger and chips was the biggest meal I've ever had in my life, so much so that I took half home with me. All the meals I saw being served to people looked really good. Friendly staff.

Visited April 2014
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Great breakfast and lunch place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

We stopped because, well, we were hungry but we stopped here because the parking lot was full of pickup trucks and the interior was full of diners. From the name we did expect a Western motif and weren't disappointed. I can always do without the CW music but then it is the Hitching Post!

I had one of the best steak sandwiches I have ever had. The cook used lots of garlic and other goodies on a thin 6 oz perfectly juicy and tender new york. The bread was toasted on the grill and dipped in excellent jus. Of course I had it medium rare! Shel had the mushroom, cheese and hamburger soup. I know sounds like weird soup but our waitperson said cook just kept adding flavours. The result was unique and excellent. The Bfast menu looked very good

• Visited August 2013