Sportsman's Motel
Priceline
US$58
US$67
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 May 2011

Our price was higher than the advertised price. We asked for a kitchenette and were given a hotplate with one pot. No dishes, no silverware, nothing else. The power cable for the hotplate has to run through the sink to plug in.

The televsion is tiny and has a horrible shaky picture.

The cleaning girl was very friendly, but the owner's wife was extremely rude. It was as though we were inconveniencing her telephone call by asking if we could use the laundromat (which is incredibly dirty).

The place has a run down feel and is not very clean. It is on a main road right next to a hospital emergency so it is not very quiet either.

I would never stay here again. Awful Awful Awful.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank melnychuk
Reviewed 15 November 2010

I was supposed to stay three nights but only stayed one and I wish I could take that one back. Hospitality was non-existent. Lady at the front desk was rude, in pijamas all day and either wearing slippers that revealed the ugliest toes and feet I've ever seen or went barefoot. No, really! She went walking around across the parking lot and went room to room in bare freakin' feet. In November? C'mon. Really! No, and I mean NO hot water. Bed was so saggy I got up with a kinked spine. One packet of instant coffee for two people for tree nights.. Are little packets of instant coffee that expensive that they are rationed? I heard mice gnawing within the walls as I laid in bed. Notice I didn't say sleep. I was so upset at these people that if I didn't leave my credit card number I would have smashed some walls, torn a mattress(not that it would make a difference) or pissed on the "carpet" or somewhere in the room just to get them back from bulls@*#ing us. Room was advertised at $49 but I was billed at $65. To make things simple, Run, run, run away as fast as you can...ps. Her brand new Cadillac in front of the motel office is paid for by the $ she scams from you and I. Go elsewhere and let's keep her in bare feet for real!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MapleRidgeGimp
Reviewed 15 November 2010

Even tho they say 'unbeatable price $49.00' they don't tell you it is for a single occupant. Having no other choice but to stay in a hotel that night we opted to stay there. The room wasn't the greatest. We asked if they had kitchenettes and she kinda just say 'hmmm sort of' even though it is advertised as having them??? There was a small fridge, microwave a couple of mugs/glasses, 3 pgks of instant coffee, whitener and sugar, 2 pieces of kleenex in the kleenex box. Being NOVEMBER it was a bit chilly. The room was ICE cold. Being so cheap as they are, they had one piddley electric baseboard heater that took 4 hours to make it 'comfortable'. The hot water took 3 hours to heat up. The front desk person was not very friendly and for paying over 60 bucks a night one would hope to get at least a decent room/service. It is an old place. But old doesn't mean it has to be cold, stinky, run down and the customer treated like dirt. We were going to stay an extra night but would rather sleep in a tent in minus 15 then stay there. We went for a quick drive and found the Double D Inn. They are under new management and doing more renos etc. That too is old, but it is CLEAN, FRIENDLY, and for the around the same rate got a kitchenette with a JAR of instant coffee, JAR of whitener, TEA BAGS, coffee machine, toaster, (stove/oven,fridge). The suite even had an extra room with a Qbed. And there is a river that runs through the back of the lot - very nice! I would stay at the Double D again, but NEVER at the Sportsman in Merritt!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank CountryBumkin41
Reviewed 4 October 2010

All around this was a bad experience. Terrible customer satisfaction. Rooms smelled awful. No cable T.V , internet was in and out , wall paper was peeling off of the walls, extremely outdated. We left the room within the hour and we only stayed that long because we were calling around to find a new hotel. They would not refund ANY of the money and my husband was even YELLED at for leaving the room at the front desk. Just terribly unprofessional.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bretongirl
Reviewed 12 July 2009

I found the sportsman online and it was advertised as 49.00 per night so I said Ok. She quoted $110.00 which I took to be for the two nights I booked. On Thurday I decided to go for an extra day and checked in and the bill was almost 400. it was $110 a day as it was Music fest . I was very upset but being told everything was booked ( another non truth) that i wouldn't get another room. This being my first time there for the music I believed her. I think this is classed as false advertisment wouldn't it? Also the rooms are dumps.TV is so small and the picture is only on half the screen. When I had a shower the dirt came out from under the panel. Was also told that she could charge half of my booking if I cancelled right then and there. Met another lady who was staying there and her opinion of it being a dump was the same and had gotton the same speil.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo