“Poor service at Boston Pizza”
Review of Boston Pizza

Boston Pizza
Ranked #33 of 44 Restaurants in Merritt
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Vancouver, Canada
“Poor service at Boston Pizza”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I can honestly say of all the restaurants we have eaten at (and we dine out frequently including at other BP locations), tonight's experience was by far the worst ever. It started with our request for a booth for our party of 4, we waited 15 min before we were seated while our booth was set up. Three other parties who arrived after us were seated in other booths before us, but we waited patiently and watched our table being set. In the process of setting the table, our server dropped two of the four knives which were never replaced despite our requests for knives.

When the drink orders arrived, my wine glass was dirty so I asked for a new one. The server walked by us two more times but no glass so I had to ask again. The food arrived, appetizers were dried out and cold, one salad missing the chicken, the other missing the bread for two of the main courses. Ironically, being a pizza restaurant, our two pizzas were missing from the order. Long story short, our quick stopover in Merritt while travelling became a two hour ordeal by the time all of our food arrived.

While we can be forgiving of service shortcomings, this particular experience was a comedy of errors from the beginning. The other tables around us were also getting the wrong orders. My question is where is was the shift manager in all of this when orders were incorrect and/or missing? We did pay our bill and did not complain because it is not our style to complain. We will just never return.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Nathalie R

Merritt, Canada
“In an emergency or crisis, manager unable to deal with more than one crisis at a time.”
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

We had the unfortunate experience of having the bottom blow out of a full glass of pop.
Of course glass and pop landed in
my husband s lap and maybe the food was now compromised.
The waitress was very good, did all she could.
The meal was reordered. However we had to ask for the garlic toast, because the cook did not include it in the reeorder and by the time it came, my husband was almost finished eating.
We had to wait for our bill, we paid full price and we didn't get mints.
Not a big deal but part of the expected service.
In addition to that should have been forewarned, because we had trouble even getting into the restaurant originally because of the lunch crowd leaving.

I called the manager, asked her why she didn't come to see us. Explained she had another problem with the ovens, and was on the phone. She said she asked our waitress if everything was ok. Like we would cause a problem for the young girl, when it is a manager s issue.

All in all an expensive bad experience!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Val M
Edmonton, Canada
“Super Spot for Lunch”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We were driving on our motorcycle from Vancouver to Kelowna and stopped in here for lunch. The manager directed us into the bar which proved to be a great spot. We received our drinks right away and were able to order thereafter. The salad and pizza were Boston Pizza quality and arrived in the usual time frame. We recommend this place for those wanting a relaxing good lunch. If you are in a hurry try a fast food place.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank kpatters
Atlantic City, New Jersey
“Challenge for Management... can they rise to it?”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Cavernous and a bit chilly, on a cold, windy end of April Sunday afternoon.
Staff seemed unfocused and a bit lazy. Food was pretty good. I had really no alternative but to try the PizzaBurger. I mean, really - PIZZABURGER. How could you not try such a thing, when offered?? :-)

Unfortunately, it was way short on pepperoni, and the patty was some kind of amalgamated meatloaf concoction (heavy on the carboxymethylcellulose, I would wager!) Sort of thing I'd expect more from a PIZZA HUT, than a BP. Was pretty new then, so maybe just a work in progress?

Still... PIZZABURGER! kind of rolls off the tongue nicely...

• Visited April 2013
Courtenay, Canada
“Worse than terrible.”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I should have paid attention to the reviews on Yelp - they all complained about bad service. I should have left when the server, who also claimed to be the bartender, did not know what Tanqueray was, and said they didn't stock it (distinctive green bottle with a red seal). I asked about red wine choices, and was told Chardonnay and Pinot Grigio, which were both white the last time I looked.
In defense of the server, the restaurant was short staffed, and it was a holiday weekend. Short staffed means poor management scheduling, imo.
We asked to change tables from inside to the patio when a large group of screaming children were seated next to us, and I understand that tables that are moved out of a servers' section can be forgotten, it's an easy thing to do. Good servers alert other staff to the fact their customers are now in another section - which might have been the case, but, we did not see another server until the very end of a mediocre meal.
Will I go back? No. Will I find another restaurant in Merritt when I go there next year on business? Definitely.

• Visited July 2013