“Absolutely disorganized”

McDonald's
Ranked #28 of 44 Restaurants in Merritt
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Ok Macdonalds has had a service model of fast friendly service since the beginning. Somehow the day manager and staff on the 12 th of June , missed that training module. Stood there for 4 minutes, and not even eye contact from one of 5 folks swirling back and forth, looking at the order monitor and then sashaying to another station. Two men there before I was, had waited for the simplest of orders, one coffee, and the other 3 orders of fries. He kept asking about his order with no response. Finally after I had started to stand in line, a young lady decided to put frozen fries into 3 deep fryers. Another said, thus is not my station, another looked at the order monitor shrugged an move to the back area. I had still not been served. The gentleman waiting for coffee, finally after about 5 more minutes, finally got his Joe, left in disgust, the other gentleman kept asking about his fries order, I kept asking if someone could serve me, notta, then finally one lady probably but not sure looked around, stated what is happening? I finally got to place my order,8 minutes later, and just after I placed my order, now just a tea and a coffee, the fries guy finally after 15 minutes got his 3 orders of fries. A young lady from the local Canadian Tire, came in a told fries guy and myself, that this Macs is consistently this disorganized and slow. Her and her fellow employees will not come for lunch because they do not have the time to wait before being required to be back to work.
I certainly agree with her analogy. So much for fast food at the Mac in Merritt bc.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

McDonald's is pretty low on the food chain when it comes to places I'll choose to eat when I need a quick bite, that being said I still expect that if I do choose to eat there I can be pretty much assured to get what I expect. Unfortunately tonight's experience was not what I'm used to from the Merritt McDonald's. Things that made it a bad experience: » The manager audibly belittled the staff on two occasions while we were waiting in line, it was subtle, yet enough to make both my wife and I feel uncomfortable. » Getting home to realize that one of the three Quarter pounders we ordered (and yes this is for the store manager to confirm that those of us that take the time to call in, also write reviews) had a hair that was 4-6 inches long wrapped in the tomato and somehow in the patty of my quarter pounder BLT. » Driving across town to get dinner, only to get home and get two bites into your meal to realize you either have to eat a hamburger that had a stranger's hair in it, or drive back across town and get them to make you a new hamburger, otherwise you better hit the fridge for "plan b". » Essentially spent $10 on a medium fries and medium soft drink (I called the manager to report the hair, but didn't ask for anything to make up for the inconvenience, interestingly enough, there was also no offer from management to resolve the situation. I am certain that had I asked, they would have gladly replaced my entire meal, but when you charge for a substandard product should your customer have to ask you to rectify the situation?) If this was a McDonald's in any other town the rating would be one star, however this is the first appallingly bad encounter I have had with this McDonald's in the 15+ years that I have been a patron there, and I don't think it would be fair to rank solely on a negative experience. That being said it'll definitely be on the bottom of my list when I'm feeling too lazy to cook, and if there is a next order there, then I will remind them that I don't like hair on my hamburgers.

1  Thank Anthony A
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stopped in on August 2nd for a quick breakfast on our way out of Abbotsford, BC. We special ordered some egg McMuffin's and had the wonderful coffee. The food was hot, spot on order, and the coffee was strong and consistant.

We also had no trouble getting strong WIFI and we were able to update our family on our trip progression.
Worth the stop. The location is at 3360 River Ranch Road though, not Airport Road. The picture is also not from this McDonald's so don't look for the giant shuttle outside!

Reviewed 22 September 2012

Food is what you expect and price is higher than you would expect. I love McDonalds all over the world, and this was the same old reliable McDonalds.

Reviewed 6 May 2012

thank you maccas for sharing your wifi when couldnt find a starbucks nearby !!