“Large, quiet, but somehow lacking.”
Review of Invermere Hostel

Invermere Hostel
Invermere Hostel
Calgary, Canada
“Large, quiet, but somehow lacking.”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Pros- Large rooms, Quiet, facilities are in ok condition.
Cons- No A/C, check in requirements, lack of front desk and attendants, no tv, hot room, 2 bathrooms on entire level, railway nearby, location

I stayed here for a summer vacation in a 2 person single private room. When I arrived, the building was locked and I had to call the number posted on the door and wait for the attendant to open it in the 35 C degree weather. 10 minutes later, the attendant showed up in his car to let me in and pass me my key cards. He said that I was early, since I had put 3:00 rather than 2:30 on my check in time. He asked if I had questions, which I did and he answered them with the typical tourist info and handed me a map rather than giving me actual answers. I asked specifically about natural hot springs, which there are many, including some that I have been to before, but he told me that there was only 1 that existed and it was an hour away. Afterwards, he left the building.

My room was listed as having a tv and a fridge, but only had a small fridge which was in need of a cleaning. I question its functionality, the fridge food was cold, but the freezer seemed to be warmer than the fridge, even after 20 hours of being in the fridge. The room was located on the west side and was very hot from the afternoon sun. Even with the window open it didn't cool down till late. There were no fans. We noticed the train noises, but were able to fall asleep.

There are 2 bathrooms on the main level which were occasionally occupied and 3 showers on the lower level. They have a kitchen area with ample seating, roughly 10-4 seater booths. Laundry and internet is available.

Unlike many other hostels, this place was very quiet and there was a lack of a community. There were only a few other people staying there.

For the price that I paid, I would stay in a hotel next time with A/C. If you stay here for longer, you can negotiate a rate of $16/day which is a very good deal for the price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the middle of the property as to not get the morning or night sun.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank b_red_l

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I was looking for a last minute accommodation in Invermere and stumbled upon this place.

Its pretty decent with a 24hr checkin policy. The rooms are tidy, equipped with a fridge and TV. The shared bathrooms are clean. it does get a little stuffy in the rooms as there is no AC; and summers can be hard on you.

The common rooms are pretty cool, with a pool table and TVs. Laundry and Internet is available. Canada wide calling is available too.

There is a common kitchen which is decently stocked up with cutlery

These a very good facilities for a hostel, which is why its gets a good score from me

The only downside, other than stuffy rooms, is that some room windows face a railway track. If you are a light sleeper, you would have trouble with the night trains.

Room Tip: Try getting a room which is away from the railway track
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank gokul_bangalore
Also consider these accommodations in or near Invermere
Best Western Invermere Inn
Best Western Plus Prestige Inn Radium Hot Springs
Best Western Plus Prestige Inn R...
#4 of 22 in Radium Hot Springs
#3 of 3 in Invermere
Lake Windermere Pointe
Lake Windermere Pointe
#4 of 4 in Invermere

Been to Invermere Hostel? Share your experiences!