“Just not worth it” 2 of 5 bubbles

Price range: US$4 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Kids, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: THE BISTRO RESTAURANT IS OPEN FROM 9:00 AM TILL 3:00 PM. WE WELCOME FAMILIES. 90 % OF THE FOOD ON THE MENU IS PREPARED ON SITE. WE HAVE BOOTHS AND TABLES. WE DO BREAKFAST AND LUNCH HAVE DAILY SPECIALS, FRIENDLY SERVICE. WE ACCEPT VISA, DEBIT, MASTER CARDS, AND CASH.
Maple Ridge, Canada
“Just not worth it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

I stopped by for lunch thinking I had to have a Reuben. For almost $13 I was totally underwhelmed: lots of sauerkraut, very little meat. I passed on the Blue Dog (good place!) to give The Bistro a try and really wish I hadn't.

Visited February 2014
thebistroinv, Owner at The Bistro Restaurant, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
First off most restaurants in town charge over $13.00 for a reuben. WE charge $12.25. The Reuben is made with in house made rye bread, mustard, natural real swiss cheese, 3 ozs of montreal smoked meat, souerkraut. The tax we cannot do any thing about. We also offer choice of in house made soup, fresh garden salad, or fresh cut fries. It happens to be one of our most popular sandwiches !

Red Deer, Canada
“If you can get out of here without eating, I would recommend that. ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

We thought this looked like a cute place to eat, nice "family" restaurant. Since the decor was so worn & outdated, I figured the food must be fantastic. I was so wrong! I had eggs Benny & my friend had the club house. The hollandaise sauce was a strange color & tasted sour, the hash browns were a patty taken out of a freezer bag and the club house had a slice of processed cheese on it. The service wasn't very good either, I wasn't asked if I wanted more coffee until we were ready to leave and when she came to take my plate which still contained half my breakfast, she just asked if I was done, not if there was a problem. As we were leaving, an old friend from home walked in the door with his family & sat down, I whispered in his ear, "if you can get out of here without eating, I'd recommend it".

1 Thank summeroffun08
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nope.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

The spot we'd planned on eating breakfast at wasn't open for another 45 minutes so our growling tummies took us here.
We should have waited.
Upon entry, we were the only people in the place save for staff.
The interior is dingy and outdated - I would hazard a guess that it hasn't been updated since it opened.
There are only 3 items on the breakfast menu - I had the cheese omelette, my boyfriend had the ranchero omelette.
They came with hash browns and toast.
The "hash browns" were nothing more than your typical frozen patty style, only one piece of toast and the omelette itself was flat with globs of cheese inside.
The other dish was similar, the refried beans on the side were unrecognizable.
We also ordered sides of bacon which tasted like old grease.
All this for almost $35! Way overpriced.

Save yourself the trouble and go a couple doors down to the blue dog.

1 Thank Elle D
Invermere, British Columbia, Canada
“Best Service in Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Cute small restaurant that serves awesome food! The staff are extremely friendly and accommodating. Great place for a reasonably priced breakfast and lunch that is filling and delicious. Highly recommended!

• Visited October 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Hope she washed her hands....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

My orange juice came in a can with an unwrapped straw, and afterwards our waitress gave my uneaten sausage to a dog in the back of a pickup out front.... The only lady waiting tables was efficient and helpful, but my impression of cleanliness was not a good one.

Visited August 2013
I spoke with my server who is an avid dog lover. She will not be repeating this behavior again.