“If you want good food fast, go somewhere else.”
Review of A&W Restaurant

A&W Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 45 Restaurants in Hope
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Went in July 19/14. The drive thru order board had a hand written sign "no pop on tap, water available". I ordered a 5 piece chicken dinner and two burgers, when I got to the checkout window the young lady said it was going to be 13 minutes for the chicken did I want to wait. I said yes, then she says would I like the burgers while I wait!!! Since I was in the car by myself I said to her I would rather have all the food hot a one time for my family at home. When they brought out my order 14 minutes later (which was ok time wise) and I got home 4 minutes away the chicken was hot, the burgers and fries were cold.

I have been trying this restaurant on and off for 5 years and have never ever got chicken without waiting at least 10 minutes.

Further it is not uncommon for items to be missing from the order, this happens so often that I always open the bags and check before I drive away.

Do yourself a favour and go some place else

There are newer reviews for A&W Restaurant

Reviewed 5 September 2013

the trip and meal was excellent. you could not have any better
service and the meal was very delicious. The staff were very friendly
and very polite you could not ask for better people. The washrooms were
very clean and lots of supplies in their stalls. The floors were as clean as if
you could eat off the floor. It is also a very nice stop for truckers to come to
eat.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

This place has the worst service going ! Was in there recently and first thing I see upon entering the the place was the young guy working the till taking someone else's order, while he was busy texting on this phone. After taking their order he disappears into the back of the restaurant with his phone while we are waiting to order. Finally he returns and very rudely asked what we wanted. So finally we get our order and realize that he had over charged us and we tried to explain this to him, but instead of listening he wanted to argue. Finally we gave up and took our food and left,only to get outside to our car to realize that we were missing part of our orde. So I went back in and talk to the young guy to tell him stuff was missing. Again he argued with me and basically called me a liar. Finally he decides to get the missing items, he crambs them into a bag and says here u go. I said thank you and went to leave and all he could say was whatever. I will never go back to this place or suggest it to anyone else. The rudest service ever !!!!!!!

Reviewed 9 April 2013

This is a mini A& W connected to a Gas Station. The service is quick and I found the restaurant to be pretty clean. If you are in the mood for A&W while visiting Hope, this is a good place to stop. I love their onion rings!!

Reviewed 15 June 2012

Typical A&W except you eat inside. Convenient if you need gas and to use the washroom too!