“Two thums up!!!!”

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Hope
Vancouver, Canada
“Two thums up!!!!”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Quiet, safe, friendly staff, spacious rooms and parking spots!!!! Most of all, wide screen TV and comfortable mattress made my traveling so much better. Not like other motels, this one is surrounded by quiet residential neighborhood and there is a nice park one block away which is also a minute away from downtown Hope.
I absolutely love this motel. Last year, I made a terrible choice of staying at one of the motels on Princeton Highway in Hope. Motels there are located right along the highway, so you can hear cars driving by at least 80km/hr. So loud and didn't feel safe at all.
However,I had wonderful time here with my husband, so I highly recommend Skagit to those of you who is wondering about where to stay in Hope.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank keyah K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver Island
Reviewed 17 July 2013

quiet & clean but costly for what it offered (in the brochure) but didn't get...complimentary movie channel, complimentary continental breakfast (when I asked about this, I was told "no, no breakfasts" then I showed him the brochure and was told "old brochure"...I told him that it is time to change the brochure! also hot tub, is not hot. we chose Not to stay there on our way back through but carried onto to Harrison Hotsprings and stayed at the Ramada for cheaper & nicer.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Kamloops
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I've stayed here for work several weeks during the last two months. It's just a block off the main drag so nice and close to restaurants and such, but very quiet. Owners are helpful. Rooms are clean but in need of updates; most have flat screens though. Comfortable and basic.

• Stayed June 2013
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I am Very happy with how clean my room was, and and the bed was very comfortable. Nice quiet area just far enough off the highway to be convenient. Close to parks, and friendly staff top it off. I will definitely stay here next time I'm in Hope.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank travsmurf
Wasilla, Alaska
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Found this little gem when we made an unscheduled stop in The lovely little town of Hope. The rooms are well appointed and clean. The motel is located within walking distance from downtown.
Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Janese C
Terrace, Canada
Reviewed 23 March 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at the Skagit before, and have once again chosen this as my stay in Hope. The room was very clean, had new carpet and had some recent painting done. The rooms have a small fridge and a microwave. I really like the location. It is set back away from the highway and really is quiet. All in all, a very pleasant stay.

Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Dianne768
Kansas City
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We arrived in Hope on our way to Vancouver with no hotel booked. At the helpful info center in town we asked for someplace quiet and this was recommended. It is a retro motel from the 50's but very clean and well kept. We enjoyed this bit of nostalgia. The location is in a residential neighborhood, surrounded by towering trees, but just a few blocks from the small downtown. The town of Hope is a gem with some great walking trails nearby and even fine dining. We were glad we ended up in Hope.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo