“Another Find!”

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Hope
Salt Spring Island
“Another Find!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My husband and I often travel through Hope on our way to the Kootenays and love finding little gems along the way. the Skagit will make the list of stop overs because it is quiet, clean, with VERY comfortable beds and accommodating staff. Close to some good eats too!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jothvn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This was an adequate motel for one night's stay. Room was clean and comfortable, no frills. Would have liked warmer blankets. It was a short walk to town. The indoor hot tub was a nice treat, although it could have been hotter. This is an older motel, but was well kept and quiet.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Smithers, B.C.
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Clean, well furnished motel. BUT old and from the day when folks did not have so many things (like chargers and CPAP machines) to plug in. I added my charger plug in to an octopus of plug in's in one of the sockets. I had to move the bed and struggle with the socket to plug in my CPAP machine.
Wi Fi was slow and intermittent. When I complained that I couldn't log on the attendant treated me like an ignoramus when, in fact, it just took a very long time to log on.
There are lots of motels in Hope; next time I'll look for another.

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank RonTSmithers_B_C_
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We arrived in Hope and just happened to find this motel. The price was right and the room was large, fresh and clean and the bed was really comfortable. It was a short walk to a grocery store, liquor store and a great Chinese restaurant that offered a smorgasbord for a decent price. The motel was surrounded by large trees and the chairs outside each room and parking in front of your door was very handy. We will definitely stay here again if we find ourselves in Hope!

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mary Lou L
Here
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Nice place to stay in Hope. Clean and quiet and a very short walk to Joe's Restaurant and Kibo Sushi. Most hotels in Hope are out on the highway outside town. The staff are very accommodating. Have stayed here for work many, many times.

Room Tip: Rooms in the row opposite the lobby are the best (newest, nicest TVs).
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I liked it all. From the minute we walked in for our 3 night stay, the hotel was perfect. The hotel had an atmosphere of calm sophistication and all the staff were so attentive to helping us enjoy our stay. We stayed with our 2 teenage children who were also made very welcome.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dirk d
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Quiet, safe, friendly staff, spacious rooms and parking spots!!!! Most of all, wide screen TV and comfortable mattress made my traveling so much better. Not like other motels, this one is surrounded by quiet residential neighborhood and there is a nice park one block away which is also a minute away from downtown Hope.
I absolutely love this motel. Last year, I made a terrible choice of staying at one of the motels on Princeton Highway in Hope. Motels there are located right along the highway, so you can hear cars driving by at least 80km/hr. So loud and didn't feel safe at all.
However,I had wonderful time here with my husband, so I highly recommend Skagit to those of you who is wondering about where to stay in Hope.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple