“Quaint motel”

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Hope
Oak Grove, MN, USA
“Quaint motel”
Reviewed 1 August 2010

The price was a little high but the room was great. Very clean rooms with a comfortable bed. Owner was not rude. Parking right in front of your room with enormous trees in the lot. Close to downtown and very quiet setting.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thetravlor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 15 June 2010

What I like about the Skagit Motor Inn !
1.No highway noise .
2.Camera's on the parking lot .
3.Park in front of your suite.
4.Good sizeJacuzzi .
5.Price - $98.00 per night in the month of June.
6.They run a tight ship (very clean )
A. Could use with an upgrade on there TV's
I have stayed there a few times and rooms have always been clean !
Over all , " Good bang for the buck "

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Roadtrips154943
Jasper, Canada
Reviewed 24 August 2009

Maybe this is a great place to stay. Maybe it's quiet. Maybe it has great rooms.... but none of that matters when you're greeted by a man with the most ridiculously rude attitude that side of the Great Divide. My family and I decided to have a stopover in Hope and had enough time to shop around and try and find something good but not too expensive. We went by the Skagit and my husband jumped out of the car to check the rate. After inspecting our vehicle from inside the 'host' and I use that term very losely, quoted him $108 per night. We decided to take our two year old to the park to strech her legs after 8 hours before it got dark out and came back not even 20 minutes later. I went in as my husband was taking care of some toddler business, and I was quoted, for the same room, $118. I mentioned that he had just quoted $108 to my husband for the same room (the $10 extra bucks was not a big deal, I just don't like being worked because I'm a woman), I would have been happy to pay it. He threw the key at me and commanded me to go look at the room and stop asking for price. I found this a little odd, but was still not ready to walk away. As I was about to take the key and go to the room, he yelled at me "Why you keep asking about price? What does price have to do with it? Why are you coming here? There are many cheap hotels in Hope?" This tirade started completely unprovoked, and the other couple that was checking in at the time, looked at me like they had just fallen into the twilight zone. I was very calm and polite and didn't raise my voice for a nanosecond, however that was the tirade that broke the camels back at which point I handed him the keys he had thrown at me and wished him a fabulous day and went to get another hotel. As I was walking out, the gentleman who had already checked in, looked at me and sympathetically said "That's quite the attitude he has?" I agreed, left and found a great hotel at $80 per night with a very kind owner, who was polite and a pleasure to deal with.

Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Mountain M
British Columbia
Reviewed 21 May 2009

A number of highways converge at Hope, making it a good place to stop for the night, but the highway traffic is quite noisy. This motel bills itself as "The Quiet Place" and it's true. It's nestled in a residential area with a nice playground and field within walking distance, as well as a few shops, restaurants, and a grocery store.

The rooms, buildings, and property are clean and well maintained and the service is great. We stayed there on our first family trip to the BC interior and have been back several times. No frills, but good prices and a great place for an overnight stop.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family