“Very nice, clean, reasonable motel”

The Swiss Chalets Motel
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Hope
Alfred, Canada
“Very nice, clean, reasonable motel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Many reviews have used terms such as dated, older motel. Yes this motel was was around since the 1930s BUT we stayed in one of the cabins which was completely renovated (#27) and was nicer than any chain motel room I have ever stayed in. The owner is Korean and the decorations reflect the simplistic beautiful styles of the Japanese and Korean cultures. The room was huge and had all the amenities you could want. eg. large eating table with 4 comfortable chairs. Place is spotless and the owner obviously takes pride in the way the hotel looks. I can recommend this property without reservation. (We did not experience any noise from the highway).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
ALBERTA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

- Motel is very easy to find on the highway, however noise of traffic is not heard in rooms - very quiet.
- The beds here are very comfortable, allowing you to have a great restful sleep.
- Pet friendly - good areas to walk your pet to look after their needs. Making it very easy and helpful to travel with your furry friend.
- While the motel is dated, it is clean, and we noticed many renovations that are happening as well giving it a fresher look.
- Water pressure was good and hot water was easily available
- One recommendation I have for them is to install a mirror outside of bathroom as well - so that 2 people can get ready in the morning at the same time.
- I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TRAVEL_LOVER96
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

We arrived in Hope without a reservation and were pleasantly surprised to find Swiss Chalets with little cottages. We had a full two bedroom cottage with living room and kitchen. Cinnamon, the blogging Coonhound, was thrilled with the private grassy yard and picnic table. Although dated, it is kept up and we saw evidence of some repairs in the bathroom. The A/C unit was in the livingroom/kitchen area only. But we really didn't need it once the sun went down. Nice and clean. Very friendly owner provided attentive service. Great price too!

Room Tip: There are rooms farther to the back but the road noise really didn't bother me.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Elizabeth R
Whitehorse, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

Would recommend. Clean,quaint and great service for a great price. Had a cottage for the night and was spacious and clean. Comfortable bed too. Right off the road after driving the Fraser Canyon. Owner was really nice.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LisaJ0695
Vancouver Island, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

After a long day of driving I was pleased to get off the road. I had made a reservation ahead of time and at first was given a not so pleasant room (room 19). I asked later about a cabin and was very pleased when the front desk gentleman gave me cabin 24. It was all I had hoped it would be. It was very warm out and I appreciated the air conditioning. The bed was comfortable and I loved the quilt. The bathroom was basis but clean. I did not use the kitchen but it looked as though it had everything you would need. I enjoyed my stay

Room Tip: Not Room 19. I was very pleased when I was moved to Cabin 24
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank NanooseJill
Spruce Grove, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

This vintage 50s cabin is a real challenge to review. It was the compromise property between my W style and my wife's desire to camp.

Pros: huge room (115) with three beds so my son was happy he had a bed vs a cot. The view was beautiful and there was a nice little patio to sit out on...

Con: the room was largely unused because we were afraid of 1) smell 2) potential for bugs and 3) whatever was lurking around the corner. There were no less than ten styles of wood paneling in the property of various styles and colours. Nothing a fresh cost of paint couldn't solve. Bathroom very dated and the door stuck, so when I used it first thing in the am was afraid it would wake up the whole family. Plus - five checked in and 2 towels...could have been better prepped.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Brad F
Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

A cute place, very nice front desk folks (owners?), and a surprisingly large room (a suite, really) in one of the cabins. Bathroom is small (no tub, just shower) but perfectly workable, cabin itself was plenty roomy, bed was comfortable. The air conditioning was a plus as it was pretty warm out, and the white noise helped drown out potential traffic sounds (it's on a fairly busy road but it didn't bother us during the night). One extra note: I forgot & left my pillow here on our trip up, so we stopped by on our way back home, 4 days later- and they had it! So that was good. Very nice people who run the place. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: As the road it's on can be busy, you might want to ask for a room at the back of the property, i...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple