“Great Stay in Hope” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Hope
Calgary, Canada
“Great Stay in Hope”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Drove from Calgary to Hope, called the motel on the road to say we would arrive around 10:30PM. Gentleman stayed up to greet us and let us into our massive two bedroom chalet. Clean quiet and close to grocery store/liquor store in town. This is a great place to stay in Hope and probably the only place I will stay when I'm making the drive over to the island especially in a group.

They are very accommodating, allowing myself and my 3 friends to stay in one room with two beds and the layouts of the two rooms/chalet's I've rented have been fantastic. Very highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Upon disembarking the last ferry in Tsawwassen, our party traveled North to Hope for the night. We arrived to a very dark town and hoped for the best.
It appeared the The Swiss Chalet Motel was the only available motel, we run the bell and were greeted by a friendly woman. She placed us in the last available chalet (#2) for a very reasonable rate. We slept very well in our small chalet and checked out the next morning at our leisure. Despite the room being next to Highway #1, the bedrooms were very quiet.

The Chalet contained a small living room with nice TV, fireplace and couch, a good-sized kitchen/dining room with small fridge. It also had two bedrooms with a conjoined bathroom. The hotel is not new, but it is well cleaned and updated.

We were very thankful for their service.

Room Tip: Book ahead and make sure to phone for late arrival. Although our chalet was road-side, the rooms we...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Alliston F
Alfred, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Many reviews have used terms such as dated, older motel. Yes this motel was was around since the 1930s BUT we stayed in one of the cabins which was completely renovated (#27) and was nicer than any chain motel room I have ever stayed in. The owner is Korean and the decorations reflect the simplistic beautiful styles of the Japanese and Korean cultures. The room was huge and had all the amenities you could want. eg. large eating table with 4 comfortable chairs. Place is spotless and the owner obviously takes pride in the way the hotel looks. I can recommend this property without reservation. (We did not experience any noise from the highway).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
ALBERTA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

- Motel is very easy to find on the highway, however noise of traffic is not heard in rooms - very quiet.
- The beds here are very comfortable, allowing you to have a great restful sleep.
- Pet friendly - good areas to walk your pet to look after their needs. Making it very easy and helpful to travel with your furry friend.
- While the motel is dated, it is clean, and we noticed many renovations that are happening as well giving it a fresher look.
- Water pressure was good and hot water was easily available
- One recommendation I have for them is to install a mirror outside of bathroom as well - so that 2 people can get ready in the morning at the same time.
- I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TRAVEL_LOVER96
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

We arrived in Hope without a reservation and were pleasantly surprised to find Swiss Chalets with little cottages. We had a full two bedroom cottage with living room and kitchen. Cinnamon, the blogging Coonhound, was thrilled with the private grassy yard and picnic table. Although dated, it is kept up and we saw evidence of some repairs in the bathroom. The A/C unit was in the livingroom/kitchen area only. But we really didn't need it once the sun went down. Nice and clean. Very friendly owner provided attentive service. Great price too!

Room Tip: There are rooms farther to the back but the road noise really didn't bother me.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Elizabeth R
Whitehorse, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

Would recommend. Clean,quaint and great service for a great price. Had a cottage for the night and was spacious and clean. Comfortable bed too. Right off the road after driving the Fraser Canyon. Owner was really nice.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LisaJ0695
Vancouver Island, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

After a long day of driving I was pleased to get off the road. I had made a reservation ahead of time and at first was given a not so pleasant room (room 19). I asked later about a cabin and was very pleased when the front desk gentleman gave me cabin 24. It was all I had hoped it would be. It was very warm out and I appreciated the air conditioning. The bed was comfortable and I loved the quilt. The bathroom was basis but clean. I did not use the kitchen but it looked as though it had everything you would need. I enjoyed my stay

Room Tip: Not Room 19. I was very pleased when I was moved to Cabin 24
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo