“Nice quiet place”

Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Hope
Fernie, Canada
“Nice quiet place”
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this place for one night and had a great sleep. The motel is very clean. The staff was friendly and accommodate you. The room is a little outdated but nice . I would definitely stay there again. The web page says it is a best western but it is not. It does not have a pool or hot tub but that did not bother me. They directed me to a very good restaurant. Family home cooked meals. It is called Home Restaurant .

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank June864

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

All the parents booked rooms for the team to stay in one place together. I found the room I had was clean and the bed was comfortable. I would stay there again. Room had a tv, fridge and microwave. Staff was friendly but sometimes hard to find. Walls nice and thick with very little noise coming through.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank stuartt619
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I recently made an online inquiry about availability for a certain weekend at this hotel. I received confirmation back saying they did and to either call or email back my credit card information. Because I wanted additional information, and I didn't receive an email back, I called to ask the question and provide my credit card number. The receptionist said they didn't have any rooms available, but they WERE NOT booked up and to call back about a week before to see if there was a room available, because of a hockey tournament going on. I would not recommend this hotel based on my experience. I even had a confirmation emailed to me saying it was available. I wouldn't take the chance on this place

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Frustrated2014
HeritageInnHope, General Manager at Heritage Inn, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to communicate to us why our service did not meet your expectations.

First of all, I and our staff want to apologize for the inconvenience regarding making your reservation. I understand your frustration of not being able to reserve a room after receiving an e-mail from us saying there is availability on your selected dates.

Please understand, however, that it was more than a full day later (over 30 hours) that you
have called in after our reply, and since there is an increasing demand for reservations during
tournament season, all our available rooms were held by guests who called in prior to your
call.

Once again, we apologize for the entire inconvenience you have faced.
We hope you will see improvement and enjoy your time with us in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Dennis Nam
Heritage Inn
New Westminster, Canada
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I booked the Heritage Inn after reading good reviews on Trip Advisor. I was in Hope for 3 weeks training on a business trip, and booked the first week there.

The lady who took my reservation confirmed a King suite with desk/ammenities that I asked for.
When I arrived, the man at the desk said there had been a mistake and they only had a smaller suite. They said they would remove the difference off of my quoted rate, which they did not. I paid $94 per night for a suite much smaller than I originally booked.

House keeping is daily, but depending on who you get you may recieve new coffee/sugar/clean mugs or you suddenly may not. Consistency would have been appreciated.

Hope is very cold, so I left my room heat on at normal room temp through the day so it wouldn't be freezing when I arrived back to do my daily paperwork and relax. After the second day, I noticed that house keeping repeatedly kept turning my heat off when they would enter. Very frustrating, especially when its -10 outside.

I chose a different hotel in town to book my last two weeks with, so I can be warm and comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Chevvyp
Asia
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I was driving to Vancouver from the Kootenay's and decided to stay in Hope so as to avoid the high hotel charges in Van (I fly out late tomorrow so will drive in tomorrow afternoon).

Rooms are very high quality - clean - look quite new - flat screens - good size fridge - microwave - fast internet.

Not your standard motel type room...

I've stayed in similar quality hotels for twice the price.

Highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Take a ground floor room is you have heavy luggage
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Inukshukasia
Williams Lake, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We were looking for a B&B but as none had a suitable room for us, we decided to give the Heritage Inn a try on the basis of a drive-by inspection. It looked well cared for, and the lobby was spotlessly clean & obviously recently renovated. Front desk clerk was friendly and very willing to let us look at the room before we committed; her assurance that the King bed was nice & soft was 100% accurate. Paid $110 total with BCAA discount; not bad.

Stayed in Room 105, and it was spotless. New pillowtop mattress; clean linens; lots of water pressure in the shower; TV & fixtures looked very new.

Microwave, fridge, coffee maker etc.; couch, desk, office chair. Extremely comfortable bed. Beside the highway but very quiet later in the evening. Several restaurants close by; we ate at Home (recommended by desk clerk), and it was decent though busy with slightly flustered servers. A fast drive into town for more upper-scale meals at Joe's, or excellent coffee & "healthy" food at the Blue Moose.

Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 373Barb123373
Ottershaw, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Driving back to Vancouver airport from Lake Louise we did not have a booking so drove into Hope and found this motel which just fitted the bill. Reasonable rate very clean and friendly staff. Supermarket opposite and choice of eateries nearby. In a previous life it was a Great Western but new owners went independent. Room had good amenites.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple