“Very Nice Stay”

Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Hope
Healdsburg, California
“Very Nice Stay”
Reviewed 27 July 2010

This very clean motel is rather typical of a small town that has several very clean motels. The staff was very helpful and did everything she could to make us comfortable in a typical motel room. She was right that the highway noise disappears at night.
She recommended a restaurant called, "Home". It was so sad that not one of the many staff people would seat us. After waiting more than five minutes of no help, we left. Thankfully there were a few decent places to eat in Hope. We loved the movie theater. It was completely modern and had a HUGE screen. But, of all we saw and did in Hope, we like the Blue Moose the best! Great coffee and the best dark bran muffins I've ever eaten. I wonder if they will send me some?

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mrt1955

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Calgary
Reviewed 30 July 2009

When I booked this hotel I thought it was a Best Western, so I was expecting breakfast and a few points on my frequent-stay card. Now it is independent, and if you're looking for anything more than a servicable room you'll be disappointed. The room was nice -- we had a two-bedroom "suite" with one bath. There was room enough for us to set up a table and play cards plus my teenager had a huge flat-screen TV, so we were content.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2009

I recently stayed here for 1 night with my parents and we had booked via the internet when it was still a BW, so I had concerns when I entered the office and found out it had changed hands. I needn't have worried - our room was very large (2 queens) and spacious and had all the mod cons including a plasma tv. I guess from reading the previous reviews on here that the place must have been recently renovated as everything looked new as if we were the first prople to stay. Beds were very comfortable and the front desk clerk couldn't do enough for us and was very knowledgeable about the town/amenities. Parking was immediately outside the room. The only complaint I would have if I had to choose one is that the desk clerk only knocked $5 off our tarriff in lieu of breakfast and I thought that a rather measly reduction - more of a token gesture, though it was readily offered. Hope has an abundance of hotels for the size of the town but from what I saw, you could do a LOT worse than choose this one for a stay. OH, AND DON'T MISS THE FANTASTIC CARVINGS WHICH ARE RANDOMLY PLACED AROUND TOWN, THEY ARE A GEM!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank binthere-dunit
Yorkshire
Reviewed 8 June 2009

We stayed here for just one night (thank goodness) as a stop over. When we were arrived we were told that the hotel was no longer a best western hotel and so there was no longer any breakfast provided and the fitness room was closed. We weren't offered any discount and found the hotel to be poor value for money.

Quite a miserable stay - the weather didn't help though.

Only good point is that it is close to a nice pub serving good food just down the road.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple