“There were bodily fluids on our "clean sheets/pillows" when we checked in!!”

Canadas Best Value Inn - Hope
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Hope
Mission BC
“There were bodily fluids on our "clean sheets/pillows" when we checked in!!”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My hubby works out of town and stays at a lot of dodgy places booked thru their company to save money.... Let me tell you, this place takes the Nasty Cake!!! I decided to take our one year old and stay with hubby for the weekend...We checked in late, (approx 830 pm w/ advanced reservations) the did not have a kitchenette available, so we took a king for the weekend, and his plan was to switch to a kitchenette when it came up... Anyway, after checking into our "clean room" we started unpacking. I actually made my husband check for bed bugs because I was that concerned about the dishevelled state of the hotel. Thankfully there was none...He gets up at 430 for work ,so we start to get ready for bed, whips the blanket back, and there is a COME STAIN on THE "CLEAN" SHEETS, and DROOL and FOOD on the "CLEAN" PILLOWCASES.. I made my hubby phone front desk immediately, and rather than offer us a new clean room, they made us stand there for 20 minutes while the giggled and changed all of the bedding. I was disgusted, but my hubby had to work in six hours, so I sucked it up and tried to sleep. The next morning, I went to use the washroom, and discovered the toilet seat was actually broken in half (see pictures) My hubby was at work at this point, and I know I would have lost it if I called the front desk, so I decided to wait until I had my cup of crappy motel coffee..... I took one look at the coffee maker and pot and decided for my safety, I needed to clean it myself... so I fill the carafe, put the water in the coffee make, put the coffee in, and GUESS WHAT?? the pot doesnt fit with the coffee maker? no wonder it was placed oddly beside!!! SOOOO I get proactive and decide to brew t directly into the mug (i needed coffee at this point) that is until I saw the unwashed coffee mugs with coffee stains around the rims :) this is when I decided to pack the baby up and go to Tim Hortons. I also spent the majority of the rest of the day playing in the car with my toddler because I didnt want to go back to the room. When we went to check out (we stayed two nights) they tried to charge us $10 more per night than originally quoted, so I brought up the fact our room was in shambles when we checked in, (remember the cum stains, and broken toilet seat etc) and they actually refused to comp the first night. After me explaining to them that it is their job to provide us clean accommodation, and that they should know the conditions of the room before renting it out, the comped the first night, but charged my husband $20 more than the original quoted price per night. The staff are rude and the rooms are disgusting! I'D RATHER SLEEP IN MY CAR!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank C_bug2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Campbell River, Canada
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Firstly, we made our reservation 5 weeks in advance. Reserved a room w/ king bed....got there and was told they didn't have a king (seems Booking.com "made an error" and overbooked king room) ...you couldn't email me to let me know!? They wanted to give us a double bed....oh but it was the same price!! I told them no smaller than a queen...she told me they have one room left w/ queen but it had two queens and she wouldn't charge me if we used the second bed? WHAT ! Ya my husband and I will be getting up in the middle of the night to change beds!!??? So, no discount for the screw up and smaller bed, nothing to compensate us for the grief!!! The room: bed was hard as a rock, chair at the table was so stained, it was gross!! Bathroom was a bit skeezy.Did not use the coffee maker or cups (too afraid) The pool was FREEZING and the hot tub looked like mushroom soup...yuk!! Will NEVER stay there again and most certainly would not recommend to anyone!!! Pay a few more bucks and stay across the street at Travelodge!!!

Room Tip: Stay elswhere !!!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vicky M

Travellers are raving about these Hope hotels

Reviewed 30 August 2013

Pulled in late..roo. had a slight smell..air conditioner didn't work..fridge barley worked and the freezer portion didn't re-freeze our freezer packs. Taps on the tub were stripped. Over all iItit was okay could of been better could of been worse. Wouldn't stay a second time. Needs some serious hoc and upgrades.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank SassiLassy
Reviewed 19 August 2013

It's way late kids were tired we just needed a place to sleep. It advertised a pool and hot tub. Thought it would be nice for the kids to play and burn some energy from being in the truck all day. The pool was FREEZING COLD. The hot tub was dirty (grayish colour) there were no towls in our room we had to ask for them. Pulled out the hid-a-bed there was a coffee stir stick stuck to the mattress and no sheets. We were too tired to move so we stayed. I went for coffee in the morning and was locked out. I did hear the one kid say they just bought the place so mabey it will improve in the future.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Swansong069
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This motel had such good service, had clean towels, and nice soft beds. the bed sheets were clean. The staff was nice, and always helpful, Checked several places in town and this was nice for location I would recommend someone who's travelling to stay there.The pool there is nice and big. The rates there are really good and true. :)

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building, and on the top floor are quieter!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 15 August 2013

hill side view and tim horton and macdee next door Had nice 4-day stay there....would recommend.. Really good room service. My bed sheets regularly changed. It was a homely experience. a well-presented bathroom, better than most hotels at its price point.The staff was very friendly. The room was very large with a refrigerator. The bed was very comfortable as well. I was very happy with my stay at the hotel. Being on the Concierge floor made it *that* much nicer.... I

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Food in my bed so no one ever chamges tge sheets, no toilet paper. Then go to take a swim the hot tub was yellow the pool was cold as ice. The beds were hard as rocks!!! I would NEVER tell anyone to stay here!!!

• Stayed July 2013