“Bed Bugs”

Canadas Best Value Inn - Hope
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Hope
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I need to add that I got and brought back home bed bugs!!!! They are very hard to get rid of and the bites are painful. Do not stay at this hotel! I have bug bombed my house, used rubbing alcohol on bed, furniture and myself, bought bed bug spray to spray on the mattresses, carpet and areas around the bed, treated the bites with rubbing alcohol, hot soap and water, and tea tree oil. Seems they keep coming back. Hopefully the 3 bed bug bombs I used recently has finally gotten rid of the darn critters.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
MapleLeafMotel_Hope, Owner at Canadas Best Value Inn - Hope, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

“Response to Mystori's review below - from Maple Leaf Motel”

The Maple Leaf Motor Inn in Hope BC is under new management. We have looked into your claim and would like to assure you that there is NO "Bed Bugs" to be found here. We know that travelers can bring this problem to us. Here is a link for more information: http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/bedbugs/faqs.html

We are concerned that you seem to have the trouble at your home and it is possible that it could have found its way into your luggage and that this problem could have come to our property from your luggage. Glad to hear you took care of the issue at your home.

We thank you for letting us know about your problem. We are glad to report to you that we do not have Bed Bugs. We seriously looked into your claim and to this day, we are glad to report we do not have an issue. We receive many compliments from our guests claiming that our rooms are very clean. Feedback comes from various sources not only via Trip Advisor.

Feel free to contact us and stay with us again.
Maple Leaf Motor Inn Management

Reviewed 5 October 2013

As a solo traveler I have always looked for deals without compromising the quality this is the place I would highly recommend if you want a decent room reasonably priced, when I told receptionist that I was here to see Othello tunnels, she gave me some handy tips as well as maps which were very useful for me,

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I stayed at the Mapple leaf Motel in Montreal and found it to be excellent value for money. The room was unexceptional - your classic motel room basically - but had everything we needed, including air conditioning. And it was very clean. The staff were very friendly, and there was a restaurant onsite for breakfast and dinner. the Internet connection was also good.there was waiter or supervisor guy name mani provided good service.so I recommend to all that it is very good,affordable, comfortable motel.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

The folks who run this place are very nice and always welcoming--we travel thru Hope quite often and have stayed here several times. This time, however, I really felt I should review them. We were given room 227, which was great! They gave it to us at the single queen bed rate for this time of year, which was $65. It has a king-size bed and is very roomy. Any, since it isn't located in the building to the rear of the lobby building--where the crews usually stay---it "should" have been quiet. NOT! The manager's private area is very close and unfortunately, it appeared they allowed children to run up and down the hall outside our doors until 12:30 a.m. So we didn't get to sleep until after that hour. What a disappointment!!!
Now, about that king-size bed (and any of the queen-size beds we've previously used): These are basic quality beds. That means they aren't broke down, but their "padding" is minimal. If you need a bed that is supportive--this is it. But if you need a bed that is supportive AND also somewhat padded so you don't get sore spots from pressure points that are against a hard bed--these beds aren't for you. I always wake up sore. But this is a problem the managers could solve very easily. Many motels are upgrading their beds by putting on the foam mattress toppers (such as the ones that Costco sells) and the difference is heavenly.
If these managers would do the same with the beds--and enact some kind of curfew on the kids running up and down the hall (they weren't shouting or anything--just tromping up and down and giggling), this place would be hard to beat.
We've always found it nice and clean. Would be nice if they offered a decent continental breakfast but they offer nothing. We can do without that, but it is still a nice touch.

Room Tip: Try to be in the main building and hope the kids aren't running around until midnight...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed in this motel for 2 nights on 1st floor. Balcony had superb mountain view. Staff was very friendly. 15 mins after check in I got call from reception to confirm that if everything ok in the room. Staff guide me for local attractions. It was good experience.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Stayed only one night - bed sheet was dirty - stains of something disgusting. there were two used hand towels hanging off the rail in the bathroom.
Our room was in the basement by the pool - you could hear a little waterfall when someone flushed the toilet from upstairs.

staff super kind, but cleanliness poor.

Room Tip: If you have no other choice than to stay here, ask for room not in the basement (this overlooks main...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Natalia p
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I stayed there with my family and had two rooms booked . Rooms were ready on the time of arrival & Staff was very friendly and accomodating .
Rooms were very nice and comfortable . I would highly recommend this motel.