“nice, clean palce, great service”

Slumber Lodge Motel
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Hope
Vancouver, BC
“nice, clean palce, great service”
Reviewed 4 July 2010

I booked a family suite for my young family-3 queens in 2 rooms-had the basics: microwave, fridge,etc.. but no frills. The manager assisted us with all of our needs-with a smile. Nice value as well. Would recommend.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank TheVanMan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver
Reviewed 25 April 2010

I have visited this motel many times since 2002 and I must say this motel's even better than before. I haven't traveled to Hope for about a year and a half but when I entered the room, I wondered how they kept the room so clean for such a long time. Anyway, the people are nice. The manager and I often talk on the bench and though it would be nice to leave a message for him. I recommend this motel.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank hangtough
California
Reviewed 12 January 2010

I like to give five star for the friendly service during our stay at the Slumber Lodge Motel. Family like treatment with professional service including clean room is the best description of this Motel. We will definately come again. DC.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank bunja
Southern Ontario
Reviewed 24 March 2008

My partner and I have stayed at the Slumberlodge several times over the past couple of years and have always found our rooms to be spotlessly clean. The owners are friendly and helpful and the pool and sauna are as clean as the rooms are. We are planning on going back again shortly and have no hesitation in recommending it to others.

• Liked — cleanliness and location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank muskokagal2
Alberta
Reviewed 16 January 2008

We checked in to the Slumber Lodge on our travels back from our family vacation from Victoria BC. On arriving we paid for our room and then went for supper emmedicately which was beside the hotel itself. When we came back an hour later we unloaded our luggage into the room and as we opened the door we were shocked at what we seen. We went into the washroom to look at the room and it was a filthy mess. Very dirty and very cold in the whole suite. Emmediately we went to the front desk and asked for a refund do to unacceptable conditions. the owner of the hotel with a bad behavior said he would come look at the room and see. He said it passed his inspection and becasue we have had it an hour (although we went for supper in the hour and was not in the room) he said it was used and we would only get a 50% refund. We were very polite to the man and he was just ourright rude.

After leaving we went to the Best Western in Hope and I must say that was a wonderful place. I recommend it to everyone.

In the morning we went to the Hope Information Centre and Reported it to the BC Tourism and wrote out a statement.. Because it was displayed in there Lodging book. Then we went on our way.

Weeks down the road the Slumber Lodge was called from the BC Tourism and investagated. Maybe that is where the Slumber lodge got their name perhaps "slum". I feel that the hotel needs some appropriate desk staff and new procedures to deal with people who are not satified with there services.
I have just read the review about the condom found by the side of the bed from another review and I can see where she is coming from. thank you.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cleaniness and staff
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Vacationing07
salmon arm
Reviewed 8 July 2007

My partner, myself and my granny stayed in a double room only to find a used condom on the floor beside the bed. It was 11:30 pm when we checked in. We had been on the road since 8 am and were tired. Went straight to bed. When we got up we found the used condom. When I reported it to the office the lady said they hadn't rented to the room out for 5 days and looked at me like I put it there.
Anyways I requested a discount and all I received was 5 dollars. I left feeling very insulted and not well looked after. I wouldn't recommend that Motel to any one.

• Disliked — The service
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple