High Hopes Bed & Breakfast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsbear roomhouse is beautifulb ba lovely stayshort drivebritish columbiatwo nightsthe ownerpaulineeaglesbalconymountainsvancouverpomeranian
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stayed at High Hopes B & B recently for a weekend getaway from Vancouver. The house is lovely and the views are picture perfect. Pauline and Larry were friendly and welcoming - they obviously enjoy their work. The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable - it was the perfect place to spend the extra hour we had while the clocks went back! Thank you!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hopebb, Owner at High Hopes Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review on High Hopes B & B. We enjoyed having you stay with us. Hope the bed information was sufficient and the "brolly" arrived home safe and sound.

Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed in high hope's enroute to banff from Vancouver. We had a lovely stay. Pauline was very friendly, the house is beautiful and the room was nice. We had a good rest and filled our belly's with a yummy breakfast before hitting the road. Thanks again :)

• Stayed: November 2013
Hopebb, Owner at High Hopes Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your mini working vacation to write a review on High Hopes Bed and Breakfast. It is very encouraging to read some good and honest remarks and makes it all worthwhile. I do hope you got in some good skiing and I am sure you would be able to take some excellent photographs. Thank you too for being so considerate in offering to deliver an item left by a previous guest. That was above and beyond the call of duty and I truly appreciate it.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

My wife and I stayed at High Hopes B&B Oct 18&19 as a much needed get away from the kids !! Although I found Pauline friendly on the phone unfortunately that was not the case in person.We had to ask for most things that were stated on the website as included which was uncomfortable. There are no self serve amenities such as a fridge and microwave in the room we even had to ask for some ice, the bed spread was very worn and piling and we found dirty stuff in the bathroom sink area and when we told Pauline about it she stated that her dad uses the room when there are no guests like "tmi" and looked at us like what do you expect kind of thing and the rooms are located within their house and personal space which also felt uncomfortable especially when you could hear them down the hall, The breakfasts were very plain and small our second and last morning there we were served omelettes so small they were ridiculous .Look elsewhere we certainly don't feel we got our money's worth!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MexicoCrazy68
Hopebb, Owner at High Hopes Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor. I am deeply disturbed that anyone would think we are not living up to our expectations, so I feel I should respond to some of your remarks.

When you enquired as to whether we had a microwave and fridge in the Whistler suite, you were informed that we did not, but you could use the full-sized fridge just ten steps from your room and you seemed quite happy with this arrangement.

I was terribly upset when you complained about the "garbage" in your room as my cleaning is normally immaculate. On inspection, the "garbage" (a soap wrapper and two unused Q-tips) was found to be hidden in a dummy pull-down drawer on the front of one of the sinks! An easy place to miss.

My quilts are brand new every three months and I apologise if the one you used was not up to your usual standards. It has since been replaced.

Finally, the breakfast of bacon and mushroom omelette, toast, jam, orange juice and as much coffee as you wanted was, I admit, not up to the smoked salmon that you had requested, but I don't think you will find many B & Bs serving smoked salmon, at least not for the price you paid.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

As parents of two, who recently got married we never got time away to be just us so the opportunity came along that we would be able to get a whole weekend away and we were beyond excited!! We searched for a beautiful, well priced b and b and found High Hopes! Not only were Pauline and Larry very friendly and welcoming but their home was absolutely beautiful!! The home made wine was the perfect addition to the amazing view from the Whistler room, and the home made breakfast in the morning while enjoying the view was the icing on the cake! Our mini-moon was exactly what we wanted it to be with the help of the amazing location and hospitality of High Hopes bed and breakfast!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hopebb, Owner at High Hopes Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

We were so pleased that you chose High Hopes Bed and Breakfast for your mini-moon. What a lovely word, I'll have to remember that! Most people, like yourselves, find us very accommodating, especially when we truly want you to have a relaxing time.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

We stayed at the High Hopes Bed and Breakfast which I cannot recommend highly enough. It is perched above the river valley with amazing views of the mountains. All the rooms are incredibly well appointed, with an additional lounge area for guests. My favorite things about this B&B include:
◾The beds were really comfortable.
◾Our host, Pauline, brought me coffee and a muffin first thing in the morning, even before breakfast. Oh, and the breakfasts are very yummy.
◾The view at night from my balcony (every room has one) was stunning, with dense stars surrounded by a ring of mountains.
High Hopes was a great place to stay while exploring the Fraser River Valley. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Hopebb, Owner at High Hopes Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review. Many of our guests have complimented us on our comfortable beds and of course, the view is truly fabulous. Our Whistler suite guests are always treated to coffee or tea and muffins before breakfast as a little extra. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again if you are ever up this way.