“Beautiful Bed and Breakfast ( B+B)”

and 1 more site!
High Hopes Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 4 Hope B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My first stay in a B+B, What a lovely surprise, Pauline and Larry are really lovely hosts, bonus for me was that Pauline is of UK origin, from Merseyside, but I wont hold that against her. This house has been built from scratch by them both and the attention to detail is fantastic, my room was very comfortable and the breakfast choice was homely, glad I stayed

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Hopebb, Owner at High Hopes Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you so much Martin for your "smashing" review of our B & B (oops bed and breakfast). Just wished you could have stayed longer and we could have seen more of you. I particularly enjoy visitors from the U.K., you being no exception. Please keep us in mind if you ever return.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed in the Whistler Suite for one night on the way from Vancouver Island to the Rockies. The suite was really clean and comfortable with a lovely big bath and separate shower. As we arrived quite late and had an early start the next morning, we wanted to take advantage of the lovely room so Pauline offered to order us a pizza from town which we ate on the balcony enjoying the amazing views. The tea, coffee and muffin brought to our room about half an hour before breakfast was a really nice touch. We did hear the trains going past but were not disturbed by them.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hopebb, Owner at High Hopes Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a really complimentary review and I must say I love to meet people from the "old" country (Britain). It is so encouraging to hear that guests appreciate some of the little things that we try to do to make their stay more enjoyable. I hope that you enjoyed the remainder of your stay in our beautiful country.

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Recently my husband and I stayed in the Eagle room at High Hopes. It had it's own little balcony with a nice view looking down on the town, over the river and on to the mountains. The bed was very comfortable. The room has its own TV, bathroom, robes and slippers. It was connected by a shared room to the Bear room. The Bear room overlooks the street so not as nice of a view. The shared room had coffee tea and refrigerator.
The host was very nice. The rest of the house is beautiful. The whole area was very quiet except for the train track. Trains went by quite often. At night it didn't bother us much. I would wake up, acknowledge that there's a train going by and fall right back to sleep.
Some people may not fall back to sleep as easily. The train would be the only bad mark on this place. If in Hope we would stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This was the first B & B we have stayed at in North America and it did not disappoint. This contemporary house was immaculate in its presentation and decoration. We were greeted most pleasantly by the business like but very friendly owner. Following the check in we ordered breakfast for the next morning and were shown to our room. the next morning the breakfast was as ordered and of excellent quality and quantity

The room was very well equipped and decorated and had all mod cons'. The bathroom was en-suite and likewise very clean and well supplied. The bed were extremely comfortable.

The only issue was the trains which noisily make their presence known through the night as they pass through Hope. However, I would not hesitate to stay there again if we travelled this way in the future.

Room Tip: All rooms very good.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hopebb, Owner at High Hopes Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We did not realize it was your first B & B in Canada and it appears we did not disappoint. I trust your remaining stay in our beautiful country lived up to your expectations.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

My husband and I spent a night at High Hopes on our way through to Vancouver. We wanted to explore the area and we are glad that we did - its exceptionally beautiful. And we are happy that we stayed at High Hopes B&B too. It is a modern home with a spectacular view across the town of Hope, and its surrounded by exquisite mountains. The hosts are friendly and kind and we felt very much at home. The Whistler suite is definitely worth staying in. Its spacious, comfy and offers an incredible view from your own balcony. The bed is comfortable, the shower pressure is great and the water is hot. There is a nice tub to relax in too. In the morning, 30 minutes before breakfast, coffee or tea is served at your door. Talk about spoilt! Breakfast was good too. We are not really B&B kind of people, but I can honestly say that this was a good experience. The hosts are friendly, and yet respect your privacy - a good balance. And the wi-fi is both free and fast.

Room Tip: Get the Whistler suite. The Bear room is at the back of the house and doesn't offer a view, and...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SagMoonTravels
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I stayed a week at High Hopes, and I have no idea what MexicoCrazy68 is on about. The house is modern and beautiful, the room (Whistler Suite) supremely comfortable, spacious and offers a beautiful view. Breakfast was absolutely stellar as they managed to vary it for every single morning - with a cup of coffee and a little pastry at the door a little half hour before. I would like to extend my gratitude to Larry and Pauline who are both very hospitable and friendly. No hotel I have ever stayed in is even close to this level of comfort and value.

Room Tip: The Whistler Suite is beautiful, so I will easily recommend to spend the few extra dollars.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stayed at High Hopes B & B recently for a weekend getaway from Vancouver. The house is lovely and the views are picture perfect. Pauline and Larry were friendly and welcoming - they obviously enjoy their work. The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable - it was the perfect place to spend the extra hour we had while the clocks went back! Thank you!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hopebb, Owner at High Hopes Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review on High Hopes B & B. We enjoyed having you stay with us. Hope the bed information was sufficient and the "brolly" arrived home safe and sound.