“Not very good.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hope
Sunshine Valley RV Resort & Cabins
“Not very good.”
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Too many drunk guys on quads. Like camping in a dirt paking lot. Staff was ok. Manager seemed to enjoy driving around in his loader not actually doing anything. Pool was over chlorinated and made my eyes burn. Buy a tree or six hundred..

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
11 Thank Brian G
Shaun B, General Manager at Sunshine Valley RV Resort & Cabins, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Hello Brian G,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of Sunshine Valley RV Resorts and Cabins. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay however I wanted to address some of your concerns. Firstly we are very strict with enforcing our ATV rules which are handed out to all guests with ATVs. Secondly we do not tolerate anyone operating any vehicles of any kind in our resorts while under the influence of alcohol. I can only hope you brought your concerns to staff members during your stay so we could ensure that rules were enforced.

In addition our 2 pools and 3 hot tubs are maintained according to sanitation guidelines set out by Fraser Health which ensure the cleanliness and sanitary conditions required for commercial pools. We do have the options of the Sumallo River which runs through our property or Cedar lake as options for Chlorine free swimming should you so desire.

As a final note our staff commonly utilize electric golf carts to patrol the park during business hours. I suspect that if one of our staff was driving around in the loader it was because they were dealing with an issue which required the use of heavy equipment. I apologize if this interfered with your stay.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Three of us stayed for 1 night July 25th in a 1 bedroom cabin with hide-a-bed. The cabin's kitchen had everything we could think of and more besides, wine glasses, salad spinner, sharp knives, heavy duty pots with lids in many sizes, nice cutlery etc. All the equipment was very high quality unlike the junky stuff in many rental cabins. The cabin was spotlessly clean and had plenty of towels and bedding, soap, shampoo etc. The soundproofing was amazing. We were a bit concerned because it is advertised as an ATV area, but with the windows and doors closed we could not even hear vehicles passing near our door. I didn't think such good soundproofing was possible! The staff at the main desk were very polite and helpful. The location is great for those wanting to hike in Manning Park or the Skagit River Valley.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank travellalala
Port Moody, Canada
Reviewed 2 August 2013

The cabins r lovely, very clean and very quaint ! They r however overpriced at 175.00 a night plus taxes etc. It is a cabin after all and the amenities r limited. There was no soap in the shower, one night's worth of firewood( u have to buy it for future nights) , and I will say it is missing some special touches which could make a huge difference . I will leave that up to management to figure out. The pool and hot tub were very clean and enjoyable. We decided to stay and extra night and were asked to pay for it that morning right away. I did that immediately and then phoned till 5pm at night to ask for fresh towels, a garbage bag ( I had already disposed of it myself in the large bin), and some more wirewood. Having paid for another night I was expecting some more firewood to take us through to the next day however I was informed that I could buy it if I wanted to. The towels I needed to call for three times and only when I finally got frustrated did it show up. The garbage disposal and cleaning of room never happened. When we left I wrote a review and went into the manager's office and handed it to an older grey haired lady whom I think is the manager and she looked at it and chuckled.
If you r reading this you should be aware that your response was completely un professional and if you think I am not going to follow through on all of this, u r mistaken. I manage my own company and if I had someone representing me like you did, I would be mortified.
Your job is to manage and provide customer service to the people who r staying at your rv park. If you r having a hardtime providing the service for reasons like short staffing etc. your r responsible in letting the paying customer know this. We r reasonable understanding people but by 5pm my patience with the lack of service for the price was exhausted.
Also you were the same lady that gave us two scoop ice creams cones which were sadly a huge disappointment.

I was hoping that by providing my email to you , that you would have responded by now to my input. I have yet to receive any feedback.
Our visit was on July 13th - 16th , 2013.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
22 Thank Ildiko B
Aldergrove
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Spent another five days parked at Sunshine Valley over the Canada Day weekend. This was my third visit. My site was very close to the main pumping station. Water pressure was very strong. If this is important to you, you might want to reserve a site on the western edge of the park.

The resort offered some special events over the holiday weekend: a pool party with a DJ and an outdoor-move night. This was a nice touch. Kudos to the staff for making the extra effort.

The park was 95% full. I am always amazed how well the park quiets down. However, a hot weekend tends to promote the beer drinking, and there are always a few idiots who try to ruin it for all. Another RVer told me there was a brawl in one site, and the staff were called out to deal with it. I didn't hear it, but felt bad for the staff. They tried so hard to make the weekend nice for all. I hope they threw those yahoos out on their azz! Managing an RV Park must be a thankless job at times. Thanks for looking after us so well, Shaun et al!

Also appreciate the fact that the park is dog friendly. Have dog - will travel!

Anyway, Sunshine Valley is always on my "visit" list. I look forward to visiting the rest of the Holiday Trails' resorts in the not-too-distant future.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Shaun B, General Manager at Sunshine Valley RV Resort & Cabins, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
CarlaDee375,

Welcome back. We are glad that you continue to use and enjoy our facility. Watch for future improvements in the future including an off leash dog area coming soon.
Coquitlam, BC
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We first stayed here in December 2012.

We decided to go again this year and just returned from a really nice weekend.

The cabins are top notch. Flat screen televisions in each bedroom (we stayed in the 2 bedroom).

The master bedroom has an en suite and queen bed. The 2nd bedroom has a bunk bed.

The kitchen is well stocked and they just added Keurig Coffee Makers.

We once again had our atvs and they were very accommodating, so long as you followed their pretty basic rules.

The pools were very nice. They have both indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs.

The grounds are very clean.

My son enjoyed his time at the on site playground.

They hosts are very friendly. The campground feels like a little community. The guests all seem to interact with each other. You make friends with other campers very quickly.

They have WIFI that you pay a few dollars a day for. This was the only disappointing part. It is offered through a third party (Tengo Internet) and the speeds are very, very slow. If there was one improvement that could be made it would be in regards to the WIFI offering.

I would highly recommend staying here for a night or two, and bring your atvs! It is well worth the short 1.5 hour drive from the Lower Mainland.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank catnip2377
Shaun B, General Manager at Sunshine Valley RV Resort & Cabins, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Hello Catnip2377,

Thank you for your review of Sunshine Valley RV Resorts and Cabins. We are very happy to hear about your pleasant stay. I will make sure the staff of the resort see your review as well. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Aldergrove
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Returned for another fall RV experience at this resort. Many of the uncompleted projects like the laundry room that I was privy to the first time are now finished.

I was parked further away from the main pumping station this time - noticed a significant drop in the water pressure. I don't know if this was specific to my site or ? Water pressure tends to be dicey at a lot of parks. I took the regulator off my water hose and there was some improvement.

There are many beautiful spots like Lake of the Woods which is a relatively short drive away. It's a good spot for a dip on a hot day.

One of the things I really like about the Sunshine Valley RV Park is the lack of light pollution. I love the night darkness; saw the Milky Way for the first time in years. I talked to one of the caretakers about this - begged him to not install and lighting. He said there was some plans to erect light standards as some of his customers were complaining about the lack of lighting. All I can say to those complainers - if you want it well lit, there is always the WalMart parking lot. If you can't see where you're going, take a darn flashlight! Please don't "turn off the stars" for the rest of us. The purpose of RV'g is to get away from the city experience, but we also like the comforts of home. Sunshine Valley is a good meld of the rustic camping experience with RV comforts.

Please keep it dark....and I'll be a regular return customer!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank CarlaDee375
Shaun B, General Manager at Sunshine Valley RV Resort & Cabins, responded to this review, 17 January 2013
Hello Again CarlaDee375,

It is excellent to see return guests and hear their feedback on the resort. I too really appreciate the night sky here at Sunshine as do many of our guests. While we will be installing lighting throughout the resort for safety reasons our intention is to install downward facing lights at waist height to provide enough light to navigate without destroying the view of the sky.

We are glad you are enjoying your visits with us. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 8 January 2013 via mobile

We arrived on January 2 and left on the. 5th. Wed-sat. We were truly amazed with the cabin. They are only 1 year old. The main bedroom had a queen bed with a bathroom(toilet,sink) flat screen tv, dresser,night stand, closet with a furnace. 2nd bedroom had a bunk bed, double bed on bottom and a single on top. Beautifully constructed bed(log furniture) dresser, flat screen tv, closet. Fully stocked kitchen with plates, bowls, cups, pans, utensils,salt pepper,coffee,tea. Full size fridge. Living room with 2 hide a bed couches. Beautiful wood kitchen table with 4 chairs. Flat screen in the living room, 3 tv's total. We had cable. got about 30 channels. not sure if cable is included with cabins but we had it. Main bathroom with large showers. Lots of towels. Wood burning fireplace with wood for one day/fire starter, outdoor fire pit behind the cabin. Very clean. Large patio out front with 2 wood chairs and a propane barbecue with barbecue utensils. It was truly a winter wonderland. It was very quiet at this time of year. There are 10 cabins. They were not all booked. And only about 15 rv's . Neighbors were friendly and quiet. 2 of the cabins are pet friendly for a cost of $10 per animal per day. Wifi $3 a day. It was a little slow and only meant for using one device at a time. It would have been nice to use more devices at once. The pool was great. Outdoor was closed for season.. It was a short walk from the cabin. The kids loved the pool and hot tubs. Adult hot tub 104 degrees. Family hot tub 100 degrees. Great work out room. A storecould of been better stocked but what do you expect. It was a quiet time of year. Pool was open till 9 pm. And it was adult only from 8-9pm. We didn't see the laundry room. There was an outdoor skating rink just across the highway. Be prepared to shovel the rink(parking lot)when it snows. Rink has outdoor lights at night but we couldn't find the outlet. Probably buried. The lake was pretty frozen but we did find some soft spots so use caution. A couple were cross country skiing across the lake. I wouldn't advise it. We took a drive up the mountain behind the rv resort. I think it's called silver tip resort. We were looking for tobogganing hills. We made it over the the little bridge and got stuck in our dodge caravan. LOL ! You need good snow tires with 4 wheel drive. Thanks to the 2 snowmobiles who went and got their truck and tow rope. What a day. One fellow was paraplegic and fell off the back of his friends snowmobile. They got the truck came back, tried to tow us out . They got stuck. Another couple from hope with kids were coming up doing the same thing we were they got stuck. The 2 trucks took turn towing each other out. Atlas we all got out. Thank you guys. And we went back to our cabin and enjoyed a nice fire. Hope is only 15 min away. Even though it was snowing hwy.3 was fairly clear. The rv park maintained all the roads and cabin entences very well. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable. There was a phone in the cabin but I think it was for local calls only. We didn't use it. There is no cell phone reception. We took a drive up to manning park to check out the ski hill and tubing. There are 2 chair lifts. And Wednesday is 2 for 1 skiing.it was a 40 min drive up to manning. There are no stores or gas stations. Unless you go into hope.except for store at rv resort. We truly had a great time. We found the cabin on Craigslist. So we got a great deal. I am not going to give all my deal finding secrets away. If you want to get away and want a nice place to stay with no worries check out these cabins or this rv park period. There is also camping right across from the rv park for tents in the summer for25-30 a day with full access to the rv park.

We will be back. Thank you for an enjoyable getaway.

The Capozzi family.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank MadisonJessie
Shaun B, General Manager at Sunshine Valley RV Resort & Cabins, responded to this review, 14 January 2013
Thank you for your detailed review MadisonJessie,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Our staff work very hard to ensure that our guests are able to create some great memories while they stay with us. It sounds as though you were able have a few adventures as well as relax during your visit.

I will pass along your positive comments to our Sunshine Valley staff. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hope
Manning Park Resort
#4 of 20 in Hope
Harrison Lake View Resort
Harrison Lake View Resort
#3 of 8 in Harrison Hot Springs

Been to Sunshine Valley RV Resort & Cabins? Share your experiences!