“Too much for too little.”

Sunshine Valley RV Resort & Cabins
Langley City, British Columbia
“Too much for too little.”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We were renting an RV and this was our last night staying here. It cost us more than all our other nights combined. The building and pools were nice but closed early. Our campsite was a gravel patch that with the little grass there was, needed mowing. For the cost, I found it odd that Internet and cable were extra. We wouldn't bother wasting money staying there again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
10 Thank Jill S

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Staff race around the site in their trucks chasing people or offenders of rules but dont realize there are little kids and people walking and dont care.probably better ways of dealing with this you would think.very unapproachable staff they dont smile or dont visit or even talk to the guests not like other campsites where everyone gets along and is happy and visits, very weird feeling makes the stay unenjoyable.guy runs around yelllin at people and walking into their site yelling and swearing when kids are present.They dont listen to your concerns or care about your stay when we brought concerns up they didnt have any rectification just stood there blankly.like ohwell
pools were closed the majority of stay.?

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
12 Thank dwayne b
Maple ridge
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Love going atving there it is unfortunate that the staff don't like people or their jobs they don't want to help anyone and pools are closed more than they are open
They also want the whole park shut down at 10 and don't know the definition of quiet time when people are sitting by fire talkin as they race around yellin at people

Stayed May 2014
9 Thank Lovedirt
Chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

There is lots of quading going on up there. The sites are small and gravel no privacy. As for the people that run it I would only give them a 1. I gave it a 3 because I love to ride. If you don't have membership it is expensive. Don't get me wrong lots of nice camper people up there.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Fishtwomuch
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Too many drunk guys on quads. Like camping in a dirt paking lot. Staff was ok. Manager seemed to enjoy driving around in his loader not actually doing anything. Pool was over chlorinated and made my eyes burn. Buy a tree or six hundred..

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
11 Thank Brian G
Shaun B, General Manager at Sunshine Valley RV Resort & Cabins, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Hello Brian G,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of Sunshine Valley RV Resorts and Cabins. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay however I wanted to address some of your concerns. Firstly we are very strict with enforcing our ATV rules which are handed out to all guests with ATVs. Secondly we do not tolerate anyone operating any vehicles of any kind in our resorts while under the influence of alcohol. I can only hope you brought your concerns to staff members during your stay so we could ensure that rules were enforced.

In addition our 2 pools and 3 hot tubs are maintained according to sanitation guidelines set out by Fraser Health which ensure the cleanliness and sanitary conditions required for commercial pools. We do have the options of the Sumallo River which runs through our property or Cedar lake as options for Chlorine free swimming should you so desire.

As a final note our staff commonly utilize electric golf carts to patrol the park during business hours. I suspect that if one of our staff was driving around in the loader it was because they were dealing with an issue which required the use of heavy equipment. I apologize if this interfered with your stay.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Three of us stayed for 1 night July 25th in a 1 bedroom cabin with hide-a-bed. The cabin's kitchen had everything we could think of and more besides, wine glasses, salad spinner, sharp knives, heavy duty pots with lids in many sizes, nice cutlery etc. All the equipment was very high quality unlike the junky stuff in many rental cabins. The cabin was spotlessly clean and had plenty of towels and bedding, soap, shampoo etc. The soundproofing was amazing. We were a bit concerned because it is advertised as an ATV area, but with the windows and doors closed we could not even hear vehicles passing near our door. I didn't think such good soundproofing was possible! The staff at the main desk were very polite and helpful. The location is great for those wanting to hike in Manning Park or the Skagit River Valley.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank travellalala
Port Moody, Canada
Reviewed 2 August 2013

The cabins r lovely, very clean and very quaint ! They r however overpriced at 175.00 a night plus taxes etc. It is a cabin after all and the amenities r limited. There was no soap in the shower, one night's worth of firewood( u have to buy it for future nights) , and I will say it is missing some special touches which could make a huge difference . I will leave that up to management to figure out. The pool and hot tub were very clean and enjoyable. We decided to stay and extra night and were asked to pay for it that morning right away. I did that immediately and then phoned till 5pm at night to ask for fresh towels, a garbage bag ( I had already disposed of it myself in the large bin), and some more wirewood. Having paid for another night I was expecting some more firewood to take us through to the next day however I was informed that I could buy it if I wanted to. The towels I needed to call for three times and only when I finally got frustrated did it show up. The garbage disposal and cleaning of room never happened. When we left I wrote a review and went into the manager's office and handed it to an older grey haired lady whom I think is the manager and she looked at it and chuckled.
If you r reading this you should be aware that your response was completely un professional and if you think I am not going to follow through on all of this, u r mistaken. I manage my own company and if I had someone representing me like you did, I would be mortified.
Your job is to manage and provide customer service to the people who r staying at your rv park. If you r having a hardtime providing the service for reasons like short staffing etc. your r responsible in letting the paying customer know this. We r reasonable understanding people but by 5pm my patience with the lack of service for the price was exhausted.
Also you were the same lady that gave us two scoop ice creams cones which were sadly a huge disappointment.

I was hoping that by providing my email to you , that you would have responded by now to my input. I have yet to receive any feedback.
Our visit was on July 13th - 16th , 2013.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
22 Thank Ildiko B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hope
Manning Park Resort
#2 of 20 in Hope
Windsor Motel
Windsor Motel
#4 of 20 in Hope

Been to Sunshine Valley RV Resort & Cabins? Share your experiences!