“Won't go back.”
Review of The River Cafe - CLOSED

The River Cafe
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed 1 April 2012

In fairness to the River Cafe, my partner and i did enjoy breakfast there one morning. That said, supper was a whole different ballgame. My partner ordered the burger and fries and the said the burger was good. The fries though had a peculiar "woolly" texture to them that made for unpleasant eating. I ordered the Reuben sandwich, which was also very good but with the same woolly textured fries which I found inedible.
I also ordered a glass of milk to drink, then watched in astonishment as the waitress (later I found out it was actually the owner) watered down my milk. I would say that the ratio of milk to water was 1:3 and obviously it tasted, well, like water. To her credit she did try to prevent me from seeing what she did, but was acting so oddly that I made a point of watching to see what she was doing. Come on ma'am. There is a convenience store not 20 yards away if you're out of milk, or just fess up and I would have gone with a pop instead.
We won't be going back.