“"Glamp"ing...”

Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Hope
Vancouver, Canada
“"Glamp"ing...”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Our second year here.... We love it here!. Very spacious cabins that have most of the ameneties that you would need. Tv, Hot showers, range/stove, fridge, coffee maker (bring your own filters) fire pits... (bring your own wood) and a lovely lake within a park like setting.
Like some of the others have stated; treat this resort as if you were actually going camping.... you will need all the "little" things , extra toilet paper, etc.

Pros: Awesome views, private, hiking, fishing, campfires, small dogs allowed, close to town, and your own private cabin.

Cons: Lots of large truck traffic along the highway, Spiders hanging in almost every corner of every room! (once you kill them all, you need to do periodic checks) lol

All in all tho..... a very pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank keith j

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed 17 September 2013

There have been some pretty bad reviews of this place, and I had unfortunately booked before reading them. I did take the advice of a couple reviewers and REALLY prepared with my own towels, cleaners, dishes etc.

When we got there it was to be pleasantly surprised. The suite was very spacious (Family Room #4) and everything was clean. Plenty of towels, TP and soap. The staff came in on our second day to clear the garbage cans and replace the towels and such. Everything is quite outdated for furniture and decor (the stove looked pretty beat up) but it was clean and everything worked.

The grounds are quite spacious and well maintained, and the lake is nice and was warm enough to play in. The canoe offered for rental is old but again, functional. There is a trampoline that my little guy loved that was in very good repair, The swings are old but worked well enough for our little guy.

For what you pay and being this close to the Lower Mainland it is very reasonable. My only real complaints are that being so close to the highway you do hear traffic quite clearly, (but you do actually get used to it pretty quick) and the beds were really hard and uncomfortable. I would recommend bringing one of those foam mattress toppers if you have access to one.

Otherwise, plan and pack for your time there. There is 1 one and 1 pot provided, and some dishes and a coffeemaker (though we didn't see a filter) and a microwave. We brought our own picnic kit and a griddle for cooking, and it all worked out well for us.

Room Tip: Units 4, 5 & 6 are end units close to the lake. There are 3 separate cabins, with #1 being away...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Shannon B
Burnaby, Canada
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I am from Iran and my family immigrated to Canada four years ago. Since then our family lived in lower main land area. We traveled a lot past few years and became familiar with this country.
As we were beginning to settle down, I decided to invite my parents and relatives to come to visit from Iran. We are a big family and I was desperate to find a place not too expensive and reasonable place to stay - I wanted them to experience the true “Canadian Nature” with outdoor activities. I was searching and searching and then finally BINGO.
This was the perfect place for our family. We rented three cabins and two rooms for total 20 people. Owner was generous enough to lend some extra air beds with no charge for our kids to sleep on. Our kids enjoyed swimming at the lake, playing soccer on the grass surrounded area and me and my husband and prepared outside BBQ and campfire. These were the things we never done before and I must say it was FUN! It was quite a success. I am just so surprised that few people here did not find this place great but horrible. Lake front cabins were okay – I admit the rooms were old – some stains on carpet, small TVs etc., however it was reasonable for us to sleep, shower, and eat!(they come with kitchenette so we were able to cook our own food!) Owners were nice enough to not charge extra cost for kids and we were able to meet our budget. We are definitely coming back to this place!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Rav S
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 22 May 2013

What is going on with people giving bad ratings here? I loved this place! One of my friend referred me and I decided stay for few nights during summer with my family. I agree that rooms were not up to date - so what? It was clean, bugs free - in the place surrounded by woods and lake. As little as under $100/night for the lake front cabin with so many things to do, it was worth every single penny. Our kids just loved running around the grass, my husband and I suntanning by the lake, it was the most memorable few nights of the summer. People giving bad comments here should go stay at the expensive hotels for $200~$300/night with only TVs to watch in the room - and they will be happy! (no offense here!).

Room Tip: Try to book the lake front cabin in advance! that's where we stayed (though you will find more s...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Michelle L
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Upon our arrival, we checked in and were sent off to our cabin. Our first issue was the wifi. We were told it existed but then upon our arrival told our cabin didn't get wifi.

We drove down to our cabin which looks alright from the outside and the lake view I'll admit was nice. Once inside we were slightly put off. To start the cabin was dark, everything is old and outdated. We debated on going and asking for a return but decided we couldn't really justify it until we pulled back the comforter to find stains on the pillow cases and pubic hairs as well as other hairs in the bed. At this point we had enough, we took pictures of the hair and went back to the office to demand a refund. Had it not been for the pictures I think we have had a bigger struggle getting the refund however it was given after we refused to even look at other cabins. I definitely do not recommend staying at this location.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank Christina20132013

Travellers are raving about these Hope hotels

Reviewed 22 May 2012 via mobile

We booked our may long weekend plans here upon the advice of a friend who has been before. After booking it, I read the reviews and started to worry that I had made a horrible mistake! We were expecting the worst: delapidated cabins infested with mold and insects, and a run-down grounds area. As such, we came prepared with all our camping gear, but we were pleasantly surprised!

The two adjoined cabins facing the lake (#5 and #6) were spacious, clean, and bug-free. The kitchen had a coffee maker, toaster, microwave, large fridge, stove/oven, a few plates, bowls, and some cutlery. There was a separate bedroom with a large bed, a second bed in the main room, and a couch, tv, dinner table and chairs. The second cabin also had a pull out couch, and there was still lots of floor space for air mattresses or sleeping bags. Between the two cabins we slept 12 adults comfortably. I did however find the mattress a bit hard.

The grounds are beautifully landscaped and the view of the lake from cabin 5 is especially lovely. There is a large grassy area in front of the cabins, which we used to suntan, play frisbee, run the dogs, etc. the lake was a bit too chilly for swimming (it was May) but it was great to paddle along. We rented a canoe there for the day and brought a dingy too. It's a small lake that's easily paddled around on a dingy. We also did some fishing but you dont need a boat to fish as we watched people catch fish from the shore too! The "playground" looks like it used to be more involved, but currently consists of a swingset and a trampoline, both of which held up to thorough testing by our group of guys!

Overall the grounds were pretty quiet during our stay here, but the highway does run right along the side of the lake so there was road background noise, not too bothersome though. There are several fire pit areas throughout the grounds, but bring camp chairs. And marshmallows!

Advice:

1) bring your camping supplies: we needed things like extra cooking utensils, bowls, can opener, knives, garbage bags, etc

2) bring toiletries like hand soap, shampoo, towels, even toilet paper, as they only supply the bare minimum and don't come around to stock up during your stay.

3) bring firewood, they don't sell it on site. Apparantly Rona in Hope sells it, but supplies are limited in the area, so bring it with you.

4) bring activities: if it's raining a deck of cards and some board games help a lot! If it's sunny: a badminton set, frisbee, football, or hackysack would be great!

5) don't think of it as a "resort", think of it as camping with a shower, toilet, fridge, stove, and bed, then you'll have a more realistic expectation of this place. We will be back!

• Stayed May 2012
5 Thank Heatherbooth
Chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed 31 August 2011

I read these reviews before we went to rent the cabin. The lady also did not let us see the cabin before we paid because it "occupied." However, it exceeded our expectations! It's no 5 star resort but it was everything we needed it to be! We stayed in the last cabin (#3) and it was very room, clean and tidy, and we had our own beach with a dock! We brought our own toliet paper, paper plates, cups, and utensils but there was a stove, pot, pan, spatula, untensils, glasses and mugs available. There is also a coffee maker and fridge which was all we really needed! Our cabin had 2 double beds in the bedroom, a pull out couch and a couch so there was enough room for all of us to sleep! There was bugs... but that was completely our fault as we had the doors and windows open all the time because of the heat. The lady running the place was very understanding and welcome to renting to us even though we are under 25 and had no objection to us drinking in the cabin. We spent all day in the beautiful lake and all night enjoying our birthdays and playing games. I understand previews reviewers complaints but if you come to this cabin expecting it to be high class and 5 star, you are guaranteed to be disapointed. We came looking for a basic cabin in the woods close to the lake and ended up having the best time of our lives! We also only paid $350 and got our moneys worth! The memories we made that weekend will never be forgotten and we owe it all to Lake of the Woods Resort/Motel!

Room Tip: Bring cups, plates and utensils if there will be more than 4 of you. We brought disinfectant spray t...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends